Thread: Viral silliness.

Viral silliness.

I've been hearing about this, but saw it for myself today. Went to get my weekly groceries. I eat out a lot but still keep some food in the house. The bread aisle was pretty well picked over. Peanut butter is across the aisle from it and it was picked over too. The real eye opener was the toilet paper aisle. Completely empty. Not one package. I'd been at Lowe's (a big box building supply store if you don't live in the U.S.) and a young woman was trying to put paper towels and toilet paper on the shelf. She had a pallet on a pallet jack and got about 2 packages when the vultures descended. Now, I buy a large package when I buy T.P. but I don't do it often. It lasts me about a year. At the grocery store, they had a hand written list of other places that had T.P. 14 names, but about 10 were crossed out as THEY were out too. The girl at the check out said the run really started yesterday when the school corporation announced it was closing schools for Spring break a week early and would be closed for two weeks. I guess parents were stocking up for the kids.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

It is getting to be the same over here, Grouch. Mainly in some of the
    bigger towns and cities. Not too bad here in rural Lincolnshire but, given
    time I guess the panic buying sickness will spread. It may be human
    nature, but if it is it doesn't say much for the human race.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    It is getting to be the same over here, Grouch. Mainly in some of the
    bigger towns and cities. Not too bad here in rural Lincolnshire but, given
    time I guess the panic buying sickness will spread. It may be human
    nature, but if it is it doesn't say much for the human race.

Ken.

I saw something else where online about the movie "Idiocracy" and how what started as a comedy is becoming prophecy. Ever since I took radiation officer training in the ear;y 80's in Civil Defense, I've kept a supply of stuff to last a couple of weeks.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Well, normally, this time of day I'd be loading trucks, doing inventory, telling the guys they can look ugly on their own time and get back to work and so on. Yesterday, we had a quarterly inventory. We counted all product in all the buildings and outside. I was paired with a young gal who works at a satellite office. It was a pretty nasty day. She called in sick today and her mother said she had corona virus. I suspect it's a cold. Either way, the company I work for doesn't take chances. At one of our California plants, a temp. worker tested positive. I was called in and mandated to self quarantine at home. I think ​I'm getting paid. I'll go back work when they tell me I can.
    Honk if you love Jesus.