Thread: Buick Makes it Good

Buick Makes it Good

I just replaced my 1999 Buick Century for one primary reason...I've gone through 8 window regulators in the vehicle. The first time it happened, they replaced 3 of the 4. After about the 6th one (under extended warranty at that time), I filed a complaint with Buick. They refunded me my deductible for the repair. This latest one was not under warranty, so I paid full price. Although it took about 2 months, I got the check in the mail today for the full cost of the repair. I have had no complaints with the dealership and their work on my car (now my niece's problem!). There is no doubt in my mind there is a material defect with that part. This is one reason I keep all the receipts for any maintenance I have done on my vehicles. If you have a recurring problem that you feel is really a manufacturing issue and not one of poor workmanship at the repair shop, file a complaint with the manufacturer. Make sure you state it factually without emotion. I can truly say that the treatment by my local dealership's repair shops (dealership changed hands in the middle) and by Buick's corporate customer service has been very positive. Unfortunately, product reliability was one of the main reasons I bought a new car that was not a Buick. Regardless of who made your car, give them a chance to make a problem good. No, this was NOT a paid political advertisement .

duck

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Buick Makes it Good

Indeed!

Even the best dealer service can't make up for a "problem car." I completely understand your switching brands - as many others have done for the same reasons.... .