Thread: 2007 FJ Cruiser

rc74racer

2007 FJ Cruiser

What's up Eric this is Ron Derek's friend. Nice site.

Anyhow I'm considering the FJ Cruiser but my issue is getting one without all the bells and whistles. No one around here has one with steel wheels and they won't order one either so I may just wait till the newness wears off and someone will work with me. I read your review which was really good. Did you drive one with a six speed? I'm curious as to what you thought if you did and did you take if off road? The price looks really nice until you get to the dealer and find the add ons and the fact there isn't one with a sticker under 28k.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: 2007 FJ Cruiser

Hey Ron - good to hear from you, amigo!

The FJ's pretty sweet; I really like the thing a lot - and out here in the toothless backwoods, had a chance to take it off-road a bit. It has some balls. And it's got power, too. Also not too hard on the wallet. It's one of the very few new vehicles I'd personally consider buying - and that's about the strongest endorsement I can give!

PS - Did you check the pics in "Two Wheels" of my work-in-progress Kz900? Got the big bore kit, 1015 ccs and high-compression pistons... should be a fun and fast ride when it's running again...

Ltr!
    -Eric

Hey Ron - good to hear from you, amigo!

The FJ's pretty sweet; I really like the thing a lot - and out here in the toothless backwoods, had a chance to take it off-road a bit. It has some balls. And it's got power, too. Also not too hard on the wallet. It's one of the very few new vehicles I'd personally consider buying - and that's about the strongest endorsement I can give!

PS - Did you check the pics in "Two Wheels" of my work-in-progress Kz900? Got the big bore kit, 1015 ccs and high-compression pistons... should be a fun and fast ride when it's running again...

Ltr!
    -Eric

rc74racer

Yeah that's a pretty big endorsement coming from you. I'm not a new car guy either but I really like this thing just hate that I can't get one relatively stripped.

I saw the bike pics and Derek told me about it too. My question is will you be able to stop it with all this new power?

I got rid of my last VFR and bought an RC51 it's my latest money pit and my first new bike. It's not very comfortable but it sounds awesome, stops and handles great. I've poured more money into this bike then any I've ever owned.

I'd wait about six months and see what deals/discounts Toyota offers; right now you'll get reamed because they're new and "trendy" (read: rape me).

Cool bike; a local buddy has one - harsh on me (I'm too tall) but you're right, it's awesome as far as handling, etc. Beats my Z-Rex inthat area by a wide mile! The old bike will not stop better - stock drum/single disc brakes and eat-crap skinny tires - but it'll sound cool and I figure roll-ons and stoplight drags will be fun. I might ride it up there to hassle poor old Mr. Richard (my ex next-door neighbor)!

I'd wait about six months and see what deals/discounts Toyota offers; right now you'll get reamed because they're new and "trendy" (read: rape me).

Cool bike; a local buddy has one - harsh on me (I'm too tall) but you're right, it's awesome as far as handling, etc. Beats my Z-Rex inthat area by a wide mile! The old bike will not stop better - stock drum/single disc brakes and eat-crap skinny tires - but it'll sound cool and I figure roll-ons and stoplight drags will be fun. I might ride it up there to hassle poor old Mr. Richard (my ex next-door neighbor)!

jillsuncle

What the Hell is an FJ Cruiser? Is it manufactured by an Auto Company? Under 28 large what do we get for that? Off-Road vehicle - I'm all over that! Let's go 4-Weelin'! ;D

jillsuncle

Eric Auto and MotoBike Community - Hooray! Test the Yamaha 2006 YZF-R1 motorcycle. They enclosed the exhaust in the frame. Your sweetie will apreciate that. Sick Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsuncle
    Eric Auto and MotoBike Community - Hooray! Test the Yamaha 2006 YZF-R1 motorcycle. They enclosed the exhaust in the frame. Your sweetie will apreciate that. Sick Bike!
    That R1 is sick... it's also no fun when you're 6ft 3!

Gimme my Rex... it might not have the handling or the all-out power, but I can usually keep up with the kids on R1s who think they're "fast" because they bought a fast bike....