Thread: My tree house...

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

My tree house...

Check this out; it's about 35-40 feet up... the "crow's nest" lookout about another 25 feet highr!

JohnB

Re: My tree house...

Thread drift....

For some reason I can't find where to post a NEW message or topic so I'll use this reply.

Let Martie know that the notification is stuck, I de-selected e-mail notification and I am still getting notices.

Yeah,... Where is the "NEW MESSAGE/TOPIC" button?

HiJohn,

You should be seeing a button on the top right for starting new subjects/threads; however, that button's not visible when you're replying to a previous message (as I'm doing now). Trygoing back to the topic start page and let me know if that fixes it.

Meanwhile. what do you think about the tree house?? (looking for some kudos here...!)

JohnB

Looks good. Just don't fall and bust your ass!

Looks like a great place to take wildlife photos from.

It's pretty decently reinforced with carraige bolts, etc.

If you sit up there and are quiet, there are about a dozen wild turkeys that live in the woods which will come out and peck around the forest floor - and come right up to the trees in which the house is built. They're really pretty critters; I don't think I could ever shoot one. My "local yokel" neighbors all think it's a deer stand - and look at me funny when I tell them it's a treehouse!

JohnB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    It's pretty decently reinforced with carraige bolts, etc.

If you sit up there and are quiet, there are about a dozen wild turkeys that live in the woods which will come out and peck around the forest floor - and come right up to the trees in which the house is built. They're really pretty critters; I don't think I could ever shoot one. My "local yokel" neighbors all think it's a deer stand - and look at me funny when I tell them it's a treehouse!
    Actually, he's right... A fancy deer stand, but a deer stand nevertheless. In another part of the country it would a treehouse!

Guess so!

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    My "local yokel" neighbors all think it's a deer stand - and look at me funny when I tell them it's a treehouse!
    Not really. It doesn't have proper walls, and it lacks a sign saying "No Girlz"

Why not run some AC out there so you can use a computer, and maybe run a fan?

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Why not run some AC out there so you can use a computer, and maybe run a fan?

No need for the fan - heck, we haven't turned on the house AC once yet this summer. One of the perks of being up in the mountains, where it's about 8-10 degrees cooler than in the valley (and far less humid). As for the computer; heck, my iBook goes for hours and hours on the battery!