Thread: SCARE TACTICS

gail

SCARE TACTICS

A new study and for the most part new scare tactics, all calculated to get you to abandon your car, thus independence. Shades of 1984, where we could always be viewed on telemonitors as we allow ourselves to be sardined into little cars running back and forth on tracks. All for the sake of - - - tell me again, why the big thrust to set up public transportation.

You can say that I?m paranoid, you?d like, or I think there?s a conspiracy going on. However, I?m not the one telling you how much danger you are in by driving your car, or that your children shouldn't be driving or that we should take away old people?s driver?s license. How young is old ? 40? 50? My uncle decided to stop driving last year, but then he is 94.

When you read how many fatalities are caused by drunk drivers, what do you compare it to? Why drunk drivers and not OTC medicated drivers? Or ? heavens to Betsy ? ask the politically incorrect question about a person?s physical/mental ability. Now I know someone will jump in and tell me their state does this and that, but it probably is too little and too ineffective. Remember licensing is much like writing traffic violations ? REVENUE. Some states even give license to illegals for the same reason.

But alas, I wander from the topic at hand, which happens to be death on our nation?s highways, and a new study that is designed to scare the hebbee-jebbees out of you. Of course, most of us are stalwart individuals and we will climb into our junkers, or classics or high priced vehicles of all sizes and zoom zoom down the highway, regardless of how high the gas prices are, or even what bad repair the roads are.

We are the Road Warriors, the freedom seekers, and the do or die stalwarts that make America great!

As for "prime cause of death:"
    - A study by The National Academy of Sciences' Institute of Medicine
    estimated that nearly 100,000 patients each year are killed in
    hospitals by medical errors - figure more likely higher outside of
    United States
    - According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
    obesity (which is generally defined as at least 30 to 40 pounds
    overweight) kills 300,000 Americans each year, about ten times the
    "carnage on our roads..."

Among the Australian studies they used, they chose to ignore the Monash
    University study which found
    1. Red light encroachments were relatively rare events and, for the
    most part, those observed were not all that dangerous.
    2. The installation of RLC's at 41 sites studied did not result in
    any reduction in accidents at those sites.
    http://www.monash.edu.au/muarc//reports/muarc073.html

in their conclusions the authors of this report conceded the previous
    studies they used for their report were not accurate and that better
    controls were needed.

It boils down to this one fact - you can't trust the government = If their lips are moving, they are lying. We -- you and I -- are the expert drivers, and for the most part understand the unspoken/unwritten rules of the road. As Eric Peters wrote in one of his articles, "We vote with our right foot." Believe it! When all is said and done, we do -- even knowing we might and probably will get a traffic ticket. Familiarize yourself today on how to FIGHT THAT TICKET!

Gail Morrison, Former NMA Lobbyist & NMSL Slayer
    Las Vegas, NV

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: SCARE TACTICS

[quote author=

It boils down to this one fact - you can't trust the government = If their lips are moving, they are lying.

There you have it!

gail

[quote=Eric ]
    [quote=

It boils down to this one fact - you can't trust the government = If their lips are moving, they are lying.

There you have it!
    [/quote]

And, any time the govt. says that they want to help you - - - remember the Indians! Will Rogers

A summer re-read of Tom Paine is always edifying; but I doubt 1 out of 10 kids under 25 today even know the name....

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    A summer re-read of Tom Paine is always edifying; but I doubt 1 out of 10 kids under 25 today even know the name....
    Really? Tom Paine said this and not Will Rogers? Actually, I was going to claim it as my own, but since I had heard it, I felt that I should give credit to someone else besides myside. I know that I am extremely witty, but stil - - - - ;D

Gail Morrison, Former NMA Lobbyist & NMSL Slayer
    Las Vegas, NV

No Paine isn't the source of that specific quote; rather, I mentioned him for his take-no-prisoners assault on government and power lusting people, etc.

Remember licensing is much like writing traffic violations ? REVENUE. Some states even give license to illegals for the same reason.

that sure is the case ehre in QLD. Its the folly of having state governments. Australia is too small to support Federal State and local.

IMHO the state government here is just an old boys club...Fine back in the 18th century when Australia was founded but with internet and good transport this level of government can be dispensed with
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    Remember licensing is much like writing traffic violations ? REVENUE. Some states even give license to illegals for the same reason.

that sure is the case ehre in QLD. Its the folly of having state governments. Australia is too small to support Federal State and local.

Count your lucky stars!

We have so much government - federal, states, county, local - all of them bleeding us for fees/taxes/licenses and so on - you would not believe it.

It correlates with the thesis that population density is the natural enemy of liberty ....