Thread: Old forum has closed

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Old forum has closed

Just an update for you former CS/NS folks:

They closed what was left of the old Autos forum today. Like many of you, I'm sorry things went this way, but I think we're making the best of the situation here. At least we have a "lifeboat," so to speak - which is more than some of the other affected communities have. And I think that, over time, we'll end up better off here as the only real disadvantage we have is the lack of a big corporate "push" behind us, which makes t harder to generate traffic. We're just a small ship on a very big ocean, etc. But everything else we can work around - and frankly, CS/NS didn't promote the old forum at all effectively. I complained about it a great deal, but it never did much good. Had we had more of a presence on the channels - and more advertising/marketing behind us, there would have been a lot more traffic. We're doing pretty decently here, if you look at the numbers - mainly because Martie and I and others are working our keesters off to generate interest/traffic and are promoting the site aggressively.

My hope is that by early next year we will have several hundred registered users and traffic that exceeds what we had in the old CS/NS forums. You guys are a big part of that hope - because your interactions here will help drive things forward. To that end, I hope you'll keep on coming - and keep on posting - and encourage folks you know who might be interested in the site to come and check us out.

And if you think there's anything that could be done to make the site better, etc. please shoot me a note. I'm appreciative of any and all suggestions!

Thanks,
    Eric

WBruce

Re: Old forum has closed

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

We're doing pretty decently here, if you look at the numbers - mainly because Martie and I and others are working our keesters off to generate interest/traffic and are promoting the site aggressively.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric,

I'd be very interested in knowing what you are doing in this regard so I can do the same for my new forum. Are you spending money on google ads?

Bruce

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Old forum has closed

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Patterson
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

We're doing pretty decently here, if you look at the numbers - mainly because Martie and I and others are working our keesters off to generate interest/traffic and are promoting the site aggressively.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric,

I'd be very interested in knowing what you are doing in this regard so I can do the same for my new forum. Are you spending money on google ads?

Bruce
    Morning!

Well, here are some of the htings I'm doing:

* Using the web site address in the tag line for the columns I write for various print and online publications;
    * Networking with some of the pubs. I write for regularly - creating reciprocal links;
    * Finding/posting news/items of interest from wherever I can find them
    * Being as active here as I can be!

The first two things, of course, are "built-in" advantages I have as a published writer. The third you may be able to emulate by connecting with people/organizations you either know or who would probably be inclined to be helpful. Have you approached any Republican/conservative/Libertarian sites/publications/clubs? That would be something I'd try. And course, you can do the last item - posting/being "present" as much as time permits - just as much as I can!

-Eric