Thread: I Did It!!!!!

I Did It!!!!!

There's a brand spanking new 2007 Hyundai Sonata sitting in my driveway. Drives nice. Can't wait to get it out on the road and really test it. Very responsive. I sprung for the extended warranty, but the things with theirs is that they cover even fair wear and tear for 10 years or 100,000 miles. With GM's after the normal warranty period, any problems were treated like an insurance policy with a deductible. I'll figure out my satellite radio issue later. First time in my life I've ever paid cash for a car too.
    Thanks everyone, especially Eric, for your advice and support during my buying hunt!

duck

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: I Did It!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776
    There's a brand spanking new 2007 Hyundai Sonata sitting in my driveway. Drives nice. Can't wait to get it out on the road and really test it. Very responsive. I sprung for the extended warranty, but the things with theirs is that they cover even fair wear and tear for 10 years or 100,000 miles. With GM's after the normal warranty period, any problems were treated like an insurance policy with a deductible. I'll figure out my satellite radio issue later. First time in my life I've ever paid cash for a car too.
    Thanks everyone, especially Eric, for your advice and support during my buying hunt!

duck
    Excellent news - congratulations!

I think you'll enjoy this car (satellite radio or not). Please give us a report after you've spent some time behind the wheel...

-Eric

JohnB

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776

duck
    Congrats!!! Enjoy it!

jillsuncle

Ducky,

Good for you man. A new car you just can't beat it and no payments to boot. Used cars are nothing but trouble unless you buy it from you Dad, and he's the type of dude that takes care of his ride.

Here is what I recommend: Put Mobil One 15,000 in your Sonata and swap it every 5,000 miles.
    If you do that you will get into that Extended Warranty zone. I'm so happy you did not buy a 40K roller and impress no one.

Your purchase is the RIGHT ONE.

Vman - Delaware :

Ummmmm I'm afraid I'm a woman . OK, I've had Gray Ghost II for nearly a month now. I LOVE him. Plus, I've made a lot of folks at work green with envy. The ride is extremely smooth. I'm still learning the gadgets. I had the first opportunity to use the fog lamps today, so that was an experience. That's probably my only complaint is that they try to pack too much into the signal arm and the wiper arm on the other side. Dashboard is clean and convenient. Gauges are very easy to read. The clock is separate from the radio and is in a bit of an inconvenient location. It also has one of those "always on" Passenger Side Airbag lights. It's out of direct view so it's not too distracting. the radio controls on the steering wheel have a Mute switch which is WONDERFUL for fast food lanes (or to turn Dr. James Dobson off in the mornings on the way to work). Interior is very comfortable. Can't wait to take it on a decent road trip to really tell about road noise. In town gas mileage is averaging 23 mpg. I'm also very happy to have my photochromatic rear view mirror back. I missed that on my last car (I had to buy cheep). I've never bought used. If I'm going to buy the car, it's going to have a full warranty. I definitely bought the right car for me.

duck

D_E_Davis

Congratulations on your new ride!

That's probably my only complaint is that they try to pack too much into the signal arm and the wiper arm on the other side.
    Welcome to the world of non-US car design! That's been the usual in Europe for many years.

...or to turn Dr. James Dobson off in the mornings on the way to work...
    If it were me I'd find a different station. Any station that carries Dobson is suspect to me.

[quote author

...or to turn Dr. James Dobson off in the mornings on the way to work...
    If it were me I'd find a different station. Any station that carries Dobson is suspect to me.
    Add me to that list!

Well, I happen to be in montgomery, al. Home of Roy Moore and the stand in the courthouse door. Dobson came down here to support Moore in the middle of the mess. Lost all respect for him then. I was in Colorado Springs over the weekend and the exit for Focus on the Family was one down from the one we were staying at. Every time we passed it, I gave it a raspberry. I restrained my wings.
    One other minor glitch on my new baby. It has a pretty nice info center. Only problem is that the buttons to switch the display and reset them are right next to the steering column on the dash. They should be further to the left so you can reach them more easily.

duck

Hi Duck!

The buttons and controls (and how they work) on new cars do take some getting used to - before they're "second nature," anyhow. Be glad you don't have a BMW with iDrive!

On Dobson: I am just sick to death of all these unctuous "family values" political types and their overt intent to push those values down everyone else's throats. I used to support Republcians because the party was closest to my Libertarian/conservative beliefs ( reducible to "live - and let live," economic nationalism and "minimalist government"). But today's GOP is virtually a theocratic party, a vehicle for the fundamentalist Christian evangelical right - and I have zero interest in that agenda, or the policies of debt and empire being pursued by the neo-con cabal that surrounds Bush.

I hope there is an electoral tsunami in a few weeks; these clowns need to be flushed out and discredited.