Thread: Mazdaspeed 6

Mazdaspeed 6

Eric -
    Have you driven one of these yet? A coworker just bought one, and it's not a bad ride.

274hp from a turbocharged 2.3 liter 4-cylinder, with AWD.

The steering effort firms up under boost from torque steer, but it's doesn't head for the ditch like turbo cars I've had in the past. I won't say there's no "oomph" below 3500 rpm, but when the boost comes up, you definitely know it.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Mazdaspeed 6

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    Eric -
    Have you driven one of these yet? A coworker just bought one, and it's not a bad ride.

274hp from a turbocharged 2.3 liter 4-cylinder, with AWD.

The steering effort firms up under boost from torque steer, but it's doesn't head for the ditch like turbo cars I've had in the past. I won't say there's no "oomph" below 3500 rpm, but when the boost comes up, you definitely know it.

Chip H.
    Yes (see the review!). I'm a big fan of Mazda's current lineup; they've replaced Subarus in my heart as my most favorite brand of Japanese car...

It had good back-seat room - lots of room for a lunch trip, and even enough room for a 4-5 hour trip.

My only criticism is that the exhaust sound is somewhat tinny. Not like the hollow sound that the mid 90's GM cars (Beretta, etc) made, but it just sounds like the pipe/muffler metal is too thin.

I did a search before posting on "mazdaspeed" and it didn't come up. ??

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    It had good back-seat room - lots of room for a lunch trip, and even enough room for a 4-5 hour trip.

My only criticism is that the exhaust sound is somewhat tinny. Not like the hollow sound that the mid 90's GM cars (Beretta, etc) made, but it just sounds like the pipe/muffler metal is too thin.

I did a search before posting on "mazdaspeed" and it didn't come up. ??

Chip H.
    I looked, too - seems to have dropped off (I am pretty sure I posted it about a month back). In any case, I just re-posted; should be visible now!

Got it. Thanks.
    I passed the link to my friend.

Chip H.

jillsuncle

What is the entry fee for a Mazda Speed 6? 28K or more?

Vman - Delaware >