2007 Isuzu

2007 Isuzu i-series pick-up

Isuzu's i-series line of pickup trucks is based on the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon compact pick-ups. It is available for 2007 in 1-290 and i-370 forms, with regular, extended and Crew Cab passenger compartments and either two or four-wheel-drive. The i-370 4x2 extended cab and i-370 4x4 crew cab are new for 2007. The base model is powered by a 2.9-liter in-line four-cylinder engine that develops 185 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque. The i-370 gets a 3.7-liter in-line five-cylinder engine that generates 242 horsepower, about 20 horsepower more than the previous year's 3.5 liter engine. A five-speed manual gearbox is standard, with a four-speed automatic optional. All models get power windows and locks, remote keyless entry and power rearview mirrors.

2007 Isuzu Ascender

No information on changes for 2007 to Isuzu's version of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL mid-size sport-utility vehicles was available at the time of this writing. In is present form, the Ascender comes powered by the same 4.2-liter in-line six-cylinder engine found in the GM models; it generates 275 horsepower and is mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. A 5.3-liter, 290-horsepower V-8 engine is also available for added muscle. This powerplant features "displacement on demand" technology that closes off half the engine's cylinders when not needed to maximize fuel economy without sacrificing power. Three rows of seats are on hand to accommodate as many as seven passengers. Available amenities include dual heated power mirrors, running boards, rain-sensing wipers, heated leather seats, a Bose audio array, and the OnStar communications/safety system.

END