Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gay-bashing Evangelical leader busted ... for gay sex!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

gay-bashing Evangelical leader busted ... for gay sex!

From AP:

"Colorado Springs, Colo. -- Rev. Ted Haggard resigned as president of the influential National Association of Evangelicals yesterday after being accused of paying for sex with a man. He denied the charge.

Mr. Haggard, a leading opponent of the drive for same-sex marriage, also stepped aside as head of his 14,000-member New Life Church while a church panel investigates.

The investigation came after a 49-year-old man told a Denver radio station that Mr. Haggard paid him for sex nearly every month for three years. "

Yet another right-wing evangelical asshole who turns out to be precisely what he preaches against. Ahhh have sinnnned!

Re: gay-bashing Evangelical leader busted ... for gay sex!

It's no surprise to me, Eric.
    I was made to attend an evangelical church from age nine to age thirteen.

More scary is the portrayal of Islam as an evil which 'our boys' are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    It's no surprise to me, Eric.
    I was made to attend an evangelical church from age nine to age thirteen.

More scary is the portrayal of Islam as an evil which 'our boys' are fighting.
    Agreed on all counts; and I think (or at least, I hope) Americans are coming to their senses; we shall see next week...

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

Agreed on all counts; and I think (or at least, I hope) Americans are coming to their senses; we shall see next week...
    You are giving the American sheeple too much credit for being sensible. Voting Democrat and Republican is like choosing a way to commit suicide and homocide at the same time. As a group, you can count on the American public to vote in the most detrimental way possible. Sorry to deliver a such a note of cheer, but I actaully favor ripping up the voting cards of everyone that voted for Bush or Kerry in the primaries and starting the elctions fresh. Thats a little tamer than my previous proposal to tear up the voting cards of people who voted Democratic and Republican in 1992, 2000, and 2004.

I want to clean house, but that isn't done by letting the Jackasses back in the kitchen.

I agree with you, but these are extraordinary times and by voting Democratic, one can register disapproval of The Chimp and perhaps restore some check, some accountability, on what is becoming a completely lawless, contemptuous of the people and dangerous government.

Dems. may be hacks and so on - but they're not as delusional as the current, demented GOP leadership - and not suffused with the evangelical Christian "family values" bullshit that is pushing the country toward theocracy and know-nothing-ism.

Faced with the choice of Ted Kennedy or Ted Haggard, I'll take Kennedy!

DonTom

"Yet another right-wing evangelical asshole who turns out to be precisely what he preaches against"

"Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people."
    --Don Herold

-Don Quoteman

This guy is a grade A asshole; the ripest and most fulsome expression of Bah-Bul spouting bullshit artists; an emotional/moral defective who proselytizes against that which he partakes of himself. A "family values" Elmer Gantry who cheats on his wife; a "clean-lving" moralizer who buys 9and uses) the illegal drugs he urges others be locked up for using. And he has a direct line to The Chimp - who is another one of these holy-rlling sons-of-bitches the world could rotate quite nicely without.

DonTom

"This guy is a grade A asshole;"

This is not uncommon for closet cases. Those gays or bisexuals who are married to women with kids are often the worse cases. Also, often the most promiscuous, because they do not want a lasting same sex relationship for obvious reasons.

Closet cases are forced to live a lie, so this type of stuff should not be too surprising.

Before I was 22 years old, I was a severe closet case myself, even though I was still virgin at that age.

I have said a lot of anti-gay stuff too, even though I knew I was gay, before I "came out". Lies and anti-gay words come with the deep closet territory. A lot of people I served with at Ft. Carson (after Vietnam) probably thought I was a real true bigot when it came to gays. That was shortly before I "came out" and I have been a lot happier as well as more honest ever since. I seriously doubt if anybody expected that I was gay before I "came out". I seem rather "normal" to most people.

You may find it interesting that two of my best buddies at Ft. Carson were religious fanatics. This worked well for me because they did not chase girls and neither did I. Besides, one of these guys was very cute! I still remember when I told him I was from California (he was from Arizona). He said "Oh you're from the land of beautiful women -- and the men who wish they were!" I got a laugh out of that!

BTW, I was writing to these guys after I got out of the army (they were still at Ft. Carson). In my last letter to them, I told them that I was gay. I never got a reply after that. But that was in early 1972.

-Don-

[color=Red] This is not uncommon for closet cases. Those gays or bisexuals who are married to women with kids are often the worse cases. Also, often the most promiscuous, because they do not want a lasting same sex relationship for obvious reasons.

Closet cases are forced to live a lie, so this type of stuff should not be too surprising.

-Don-

It's more than casually interesting to note the correlation, eh? And the frequency of finding such persons among the "holy" and self-righteous. I have been suspicious of such types for years; they always struck me as damaged goods in some way I was initially unable to put my finger on. Guys like Haggard so fit the profile; so also Rush Limbaugh (who, the rumor mill has it, is also a messed-up closet case).

]

DonTom

"It's more than casually interesting to note the correlation, eh?"

That's why I don't put him down for being like that. It could have happened to me. I understand what happened to him. If I didn't learn how to think for myself after being through what I was involved with in Vietnam, I could see the same thing happening to me.

The clearest check mark I ever made in my life was the "no" for "homosexual tendencies" on my medical papers for the draft which I very much wanted to get out of. But I would then rather fight in a war that I did NOT believe in than to let anybody even expect that I was gay. This was when I was 19 (in early 1969). And sure enough, that's what happened. Infantry in the Central Highland jungles of Vietnam. But I think it did me a lot of good in many ways and I did get out without a single scratch. Most in my infantry company (B-3-8, 4TH Div <69-70>) either got seriously sick (malaria was VERY common), killed or wounded during the year.

Only later did I find out open gays were drafted for Vietnam. They simply called anybody who claimed they were gay as a liar, even the very obvious gays (but I don't qualify as being the obvious type).

The first person I told was gay (a close friend of mine in 1972) I still remember well. My heart was pounding very hard. He thought I was joking, even though I don't joke like that often at all. It got a lot easier since then and now I even brag about being gay!

-Don-

DonTom

Jim,

I don't know why there are not some organizations to help make heterosexuals into gays. That would sure solve a lot of the world's biggest problems.

I am going to have to get the Queen James Version of the Bible ready to be published soon, clearly showing heterosexuality as the major sin in today's world.

However, the greatest sin of all was done by God!:

"Humanity is the sin of God."
    --Theodore Parker

-Don Quoteman

Your sympathy/empathy is admirable - but for my part, I draw the line when the person at issue is a "holy rolling" scripture-quoting asshole like Haggard; screw these people and everything they represent. I hope the SOB suffers in proportion to harm he has caused - and tried to cause.

PS - Did you note the huge McMansion he lives in? All in a day's work for the Lard!

DonTom

"I draw the line when the person at issue is a "holy rolling" scripture-quoting asshole like Haggard; screw these people and everything they represent. I hope the SOB suffers in proportion to harm he has caused - and tried to cause."

I think all the harm he has done was recently undone when he was outed. I wonder now what his wife and family thinks of him and if it would have been just as bad if he came out on his own. BTW, he should have told the truth from the beginning, because he has now shown what a poor liar he is. Yeah, he purchased drugs but never used them. Yeah, he had only a massage from a guy he found in a gay newspaper who only advertises in such. Yeah, sure.

"PS - Did you note the huge McMansion he lives in? All in a day's work for the Lard!"

No, I didn't, but I am not surprised. Perhaps he should have been preaching:

"Honesty pays, but it don't seem to pay enough to suit some people."
    --Kin Hubbard

But if the lies he was telling was just for money, then I won't defend him at all in any way. But if it was because he believed he would be shut out of his own family, I would see it a bit differently and consider the anti-gay stuff he said to simply be overcompensation. I've been there and done that too, with my family full of Mormons. However, I was wrong, it seemed nobody in my family made a big deal out of the fact that I am gay & Tom & I are expected to be at all family events as much as anybody who married into the family.

"None but a mule denies his family."
    --Anonymous

-Don Quoteman

The self-righteous meanness of these right-wing Christian types really gets my back up; I loathe them - and so couldn't be more pleased to see another one exposed for hypocrisy and deceit. But his "flock" won't get the appropriate message - and will simply glom on to whoever jumps in to fill his shoes (and McMansion).

Praise de Lard!

>>The self-righteous meanness of these right-wing Christian types really gets my back up;<<

Just look at their lifestyle and how they scam money from the poor--- That's about as mean and sorry as it gets.

gail

What a bunch of bulk! Whine==I spent hours on my knees praying for God to make me straight, and he never did." whine, whine.

I too whine, Oh God, make me thin - I am so tired of being fat." Now, I just accept it as my fate. How many of you are going to go along with that? After all I think about food all the time, it must me in my genetic make-up. Yeah, right! Have you ever seen a fat person emerge from a prison camp?

So if thinking abouit a condition all the time is an excuse to give in -- well - - - - -

I'm really for your smart a$$ remake now, Jim

DonTom

Gail,

It's your nonsense that's a bunch of bulk, as usual!

Eating too much is what a person does. But being gai is what a person is, not what a person does. I knew I was gai for many years before I acted on it. When I was 22, I correctly told everybody I knew that I am gai, even though I never knowingly met another gai person until well after that. So how do you expect a person who is only attracted to males to become only attracted to females? I don't believe it's possible. But of course a gay male can engage in sexual acts with the opposite sex just as a heterosexual can engage in sexual acts with the same sex (as sometimes with long term prison inmates). A left handed person can still use the right hand, but it's not the same, is it?

But there are many things to confuse this issue. For an example, a bisexual who changes mates from the same sex to the opposite sex. This is what some people will call an "ex-gay", but nothing really has changed to any more of a degree than with a heterosexual who changed from a blond to a brunette woman. Bisexuals really do have a choice, but not those who are 100% gai (such as Tom & I) or 100% heterosexual. How would YOU like to go with a woman for a life mate? That's probably about the same way Tom & I would feel about it. It wouldn't even seem right to us. It would feel very unnatural and we don't have to try it to know any more than you would.

homosexuality n. 1. Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex (1994 AHD3)Notice that no sexual behavior is required.

-Don-

Quote from: Jim Rose on November 05, 2006, 03:57:23 PM
    http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=87061

What a bunch of bulk! Whine==I spent hours on my knees praying for God to make me straight, and he never did." whine, whine.

I too whine, Oh God, make me thin - I am so tired of being fat." Now, I just accept it as my fate. How many of you are going to go along with that? After all I think about food all the time, it must me in my genetic make-up. Yeah, right! Have you ever seen a fat person emerge from a prison camp?

So if thinking abouit a condition all the time is an excuse to give in -- well - - - - -

I'm really for your smart a$$ remake now, Jim<<

I don't have to make one-- Your idiiotic response says it all---

Don gave you the answer. He's being nice to you, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that he thinks you are dumber than rocks about this subject. What the hell has a prison camp got to do with genetics?

gail

I knew you wouldn't let me down! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    Quote from: Jim Rose on November 05, 2006, 03:57:23 PM
    http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=87061

I'm really for your smart a$$ remake now, Jim<<

I don't have to make one-- Your idiiotic response says it all---

Don gave you the answer. He's being nice to you, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that he thinks you are dumber than rocks about this subject. What the hell has a prison camp got to do with genetics?