Thread: 2007 Buyer's Guide - Hummer

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

2007 Buyer's Guide - Hummer

2007 Hummer

2007 Hummer H3

The H3 gets a power infusion for 2007, standard StabiliTrak stability/traction control on all versions and revised paint choices (Midnight Blue replaces Superior Blue and Shadow Green has been discontinued) for 2007. Also new for '07 is an H3x model equipped with leather seats, six-disc changer with Monsoon sound system, chrome tube steps, chrome appearance package with bright roof crossbows and chrome fuel door. The package also includes a body-color grille and unique spare tire cover, tires, brush guard, wheels and center cap -- with unique interior features including headrests embroidered with the H3 logo. The H3x is available in two exclusive colors-- Sonoma Red Metallic and Desert Orange Metallic. The standard five-cylinder engine in all '07 H3s now displaces 3.7 liter and produces 242 horsepower (vs. 3.5 liters and 220 horsepower previously), which ought to address complaints about acceleration that plagued the smallest Hummer model when it came out last year as an all-new model. As before, buyers may choose either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. All H3s come standard with an electronically controlled four-wheel drive system with traction control, underbody shielding, an optional rear locking differential and the buyer's choice of two tire packages, Goodyear 32-inch, all-terrain tires or Bridgestone 33-inch off-road tires; in addition H3x buyers can choose a specific 18-inch, 265/65R tire off-road tire. All H3s feature 9.1-inches of ground clearance and a maximum breakover angle of 25 degrees (with 33-inch tires), making it possible to clear large obstacles in off-road driving. Serious off-road performance is also aided by the maximum approach angle of 40 degrees and maximum departure angle of 37 degrees.

2007 Hummer H2/H2 SUT

HUMMER's H2 full-size SUV shares platforms and powertrains with the Chevrolet Suburban but offers its own military-inspired styling. For 2007, the H2 is available in a new Limited Edition with Glacier Blue Metallic paint and a rear-vision camera system is optional. The Glacier Blue package includes body-color fender moldings and rocker moldings with an integrated assist step, a lower-profile roof-mounted lightbar with integral lamps, chrome hood handles, hood latches, hood louver, exterior side vents, rear D-rings and fuel filler door, and 17-inch flangeless chrome wheels. Inside, the limited edition has new carbon fiber appearance accents. In addition, the Glacier Blue limited edition has a heated windshield wiper system with warm fluid on demand that removes snow, ice and debris and a rear-seat DVD system with dual headrest-mounted viewing screens, each with individual DVD-players and wireless headphones. The standard 6.0 liter Vortec V-8 carries over intot he new model year, still producing 325 horsepower and 365-lbs.-ft. of torque. It drives all four wheels via a four-speed automatic transmission and rugged full-time 4WD system. Low-range gearing and a locking rear differential are included across the line for off-road enthusiasts and an air suspension is available to smooth the ride over both back roads and highways. The H2 SUT version has a midgate/bed system similar to the Chevy Avalanche full-size pick-up for carrying cargo -- as well as features such as power windows that can all be lowered at once, along with a standard sunroof.

2007 HUMMER H1 Alpha

No information on changes for '07 to the H1 Alpha were available at the time of this writing, but as this model was updated last year, expect any changes for 2007 to be modest. The H1 Alpha is basically a civilian-friendly version of the military Hummer and features many of the same features and heavy-duty equipment. It is powered by GM's 6.6-liter Duramax turbodiesel V-8 engine rated at 300 horsepower and 525-lbs.-ft. of torque. It is paired with a heavy-duty Allison five-speed automatic transmission with Tow/Haul mode to adjust shift patterns for optimal performance when the vehicle is towing or carrying heavy loads. An Off-Road Adventure Package features a 12,000-pound winch kit, wheel and tire upgrades and front and rear Eaton locking differentials. Activated instantly at the push of a button, the differentials enhance the H1 Alpha's already stellar abilities at climbing over large rocks or up long, steep grades at slow speeds. The drivetrain offers a 45:1 crawl ratio for rock crawling but can still accelerate to 60 mph in about 13.5 seconds. It comes with two fuel tanks and a total capacity of 51.5 gallons. The H1 Alpha can climb 22-inch rock ledges, wade through 30 inches of water and climb 60-percent grades. Though it is not cheap to buy or feed, the H1 Alpha is one of the most serious off-road vehicles ever offered for sale by a major automaker.

END

Re: 2007 Buyer's Guide - Hummer

2007 Hummer H3

The folks at Fishermen's Bend.....that's GM-Holden, are talking of bringing it downunder!!
    I wonder what they are thinking! Sure they don't have a true 4WD vehicle in their lineup at the moment, but a Hummer...that surely is overkill.

They will be sourced from South Africa....RH drive
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

G'day!

I kind of like the H3; the only Hummer model I would consider owning. It's not obnoxious like the H1 (and not a posuer, like the H2). But I like the new Toyota FJ even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    G'day!

I kind of like the H3; the only Hummer model I would consider owning. It's not obnoxious like the H1 (and not a posuer, like the H2). But I like the new Toyota FJ even better!
    Comments down here also suggest it will be driven by posuers. They doubt it will suceed as a true off road vehicle, being too wide for many tracks in Australia
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

The "posuer" thing is a factr with these vehicles, but the H3 can definitely handle itself off-road; I played with my test loaner a bit on some of the fire roads in the hills around here - and they are not easy meat!

But I stll like the FJ better; it also has a much stronger standard engine, etc.