Thread: Massachusetts Lawmakers to Reconsider Same-sex Marriage

gail

Massachusetts Lawmakers to Reconsider Same-sex Marriage

[b]Massachusetts Lawmakers to Reconsider Marriage[/b]

http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000002865.cfm

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Massachusetts Lawmakers to Reconsider Same-sex Marriage

How unfortunate; that shyster asshole Dobson and his "focus on the fam-buh-lee" ought to be more concerned about two-faced hypocritcal shiftheads like his good buddy and meth-buying, gay prostitute-hiring adulter Ted Haggard.

DonTom

Seventy-five percent of all registered voters in Massachusetts have said they want to vote on this marriage amendment and Massachusetts to get an amendment on the ballot,

"Why should the majority get to vote against equality against a minority in this so-called free country?" IMAO, this is a perfect example of immorality, regardless of how many vote against equality for the minority.

"One of the purposes of government is to protect the minority from the majority"
    -James Madison

"We go by the major vote, and if the majority are insane, the sane must go to the hospital."
    --Horace Mann

"The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
    --Johann von Schiller

"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good."
    --H. L. Mencken

-Don Quoteman

gail

Is this a 'Birds-of-a-feather' mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How unfortunate; that shyster asshole Dobson and his "focus on the fam-buh-lee" ought to be more concerned about two-faced hypocritcal shiftheads like his good buddy and meth-buying, gay prostitute-hiring adulter Ted Haggard.

Haggard and Dobson and all the rest of them (including The Chimp) are indeed "birds of a feather"!

gail

In your behalf, Don -- even if the vote goes against same-sex marriages, and I'm sure it will -- the Supreme Court is who rules in the end.

We both know that if the public were allowed to vote on abortion they would be illegal again, however, the Supreme has ruled that they are not protected by the govt. The only way to change this is for Congress to amend the Constitution, such as they did for Blacks in the 13th Amendment.

You may get you wish someday, Don, but you won't necessarily be happy over it for a number of reasons, and I know that I won't be happy over it. Even if you and I aren't the gais worshippers will be delighted and will "feel so good" over this wonderful deed they will think they accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    Seventy-five percent of all registered voters in Massachusetts have said they want to vote on this marriage amendment and Massachusetts to get an amendment on the ballot,

"Why should the majority get to vote against equality against a minority in this so-called free country?" IMAO, this is a perfect example of immorality, regardless of how many vote against equality for the minority.

"One of the purposes of government is to protect the minority from the majority"
    -James Madison

"We go by the major vote, and if the majority are insane, the sane must go to the hospital."
    --Horace Mann

"The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
    --Johann von Schiller

"Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good."
    --H. L. Mencken

-Don Quoteman

"We both know that if the public were allowed to vote on abortion they would be illegal again,"

More bullshit. Mainstream Americans support the right to choice; only a relative handful of extremists (most all of them evangelical Christians) oppose abortion universally.

gail

"We both know that if the public were allowed to vote on abortion they would be illegal again,"

More bullshit. Mainstream Americans support the right to choice; only a relative handful of extremists (most all of them evangelical Christians) oppose abortion universally.
    That wasn't the point that I was making, but since you've brought it up -- your liberalism is showing.

I remember the first Pro-Life rally that I attended in January 1973, thousands showed up to protest, only a handful of the Pro-death for babies were on the scene, but the news media slanted the coverage to appear that there were only a few Pro-Lifers and many rallying for death as a choice for their children, and the poor, especially the Blacks. The Blacks caught on pretty quick though that this was a conspiracy to annihilate the Black race, and their abortion rate plummeted.

Then when I was in DC a friend wanted to see a rally, so Jan. 1998 we attended the one at the US Supreme Court. The same thing as above happened.

Besides, you posted that you weren't for abortions. Which is it, Eric? For or Against?

Let me explain something to you: A demonstration is not a scientific sample, ok? The relevant fact is that when it has been put to a vote, Americans generally have favored keeping abortion legal, in at least certain instances. Most Americans (according to almost every poll and as reflected by their support of candidates for office, etc.) favor keeping abortion legal aup to a certain point. The only time you find majorities opposed is when it comes to late-term abortions, which I also oppose. They are are abhorrent and unneccessary. Any responsible woman knows whether she wants to have a child within a month or so of having become pregnant. After six months, she's had mor than enough time to make her choice, etc.

PS - The "morning after" pill is becoming OTC. Hooray!

gail

Let me explain something to you: A demonstration is not a scientific sample, ok? The relevant fact is that when it has been put to a vote, Americans generally have favored keeping abortion legal, in at least certain instances. Most Americans (according to almost every poll and as reflected by their support of candidates for office, etc.) favor keeping abortion legal aup to a certain point. The only time you find majorities opposed is when it comes to late-term abortions, which I also oppose. They are are abhorrent and unneccessary. Any responsible woman knows whether she wants to have a child within a month or so of having become pregnant. After six months, she's had mor than enough time to make her choice, etc.

PS - The "morning after" pill is becoming OTC. Hooray!
    I do not have a problem with the 'morning after' pill, but I have heard of some side-effects recently. I can't remember what they were though.

There has never been a national vote concerning abortion. The few local ones were all shot down by that state's supreme court. All of the votes were in favor of restricting abortions.

The only justification that I support abortion would be for the life of the mother. Period!

One of the reasons that people say making abortion illegal won't work. It would if the mother paid the same penalties that the doctor does.

You just contradicted yourself; did you not notice?

"I do not have a problem with the 'morning after' pill" ... then " The only justification that I support abortion would be for the life of the mother. Period!"

Apparently not!

DonTom

Gail,

Nonsense. You need to get outside of the LDS and see what the rest of the country believes on the abortion issue as far as law is concerned.

"Don, but you won't necessarily be happy over it for a number of reasons,

You don't seem to understand. There is only one issue that I am concerned with, equality. Our government has no right in this so-called free country to tell adults which other adult we may and may not marry. Not in ANY case, IMO. Say if a brother wishes to marry his sister. That's fine. Any sexual act that's likely to cause deformed babies can continue to be illegal, regardless if married or not. I would never say that a legal marriage would help make anybody happy. Tom & I are very happy together without any legal marriage. We do fine as is. Besides, we are already married in ALL the ways that are important to us at this time. Happiness has nothing to do with this issue, AFAIMC.

"Equal laws protecting equal rights ... the best guarantee of loyalty and love of country."
    --James Madison

-Don Quoteman

gail

No, it is not a contradition, Eric. The morning after pill does not kill a baby, it prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, so does an IUD. The PILL causes an unfavorable envirnoment for implantation. Some women's body produce chemicals that will also prevent implantation.

You just contradicted yourself; did you not notice?

"I do not have a problem with the 'morning after' pill" ... then " The only justification that I support abortion would be for the life of the mother. Period!"

Apparently not!

Bullshit - you'r quibbling and parsing (religious people are famous for both).

The fact is a "life" is ended in both cases.

Since neither a just-fertilized egg nor a week-pld embryo have either brain or nervous system, no heartbeat and no differentiated organs, etc. all you've got is a clump of cells. Are you going to argue that a certain number of cells is the critera? That won't work. Per your reasoning, as soon as a sperm has fertilized an egg, it's a distinct human being and qualitatively no different from a six-month old fetus or a full-term baby or you and me.

You can't have it both ways - not with logic on your side, anyhow!

PS - The Chimp got his balls kicked last night - hooray!