Thread: Message to Gail

Message to Gail

Hey Gail,

I am not too great at web-language.

Do you know any way to add to this homepage some navigational language?

and
    Without trying to be too rude, as I understand it your Dad was Navy writ large.

I weep when I see good film or read good stuff about WW2 navy things... but that's another subject.

Many of us here have some knowledge and experience of at least some aspects of naval war.... I knew some guys

Robbie [nz]

gail

Re: Message to Gail

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    Hey Gail,

I am not too great at web-language.

Do you know any way to add to this homepage some navigational language?

and
    Without trying to be too rude, as I understand it your Dad was Navy writ large.

I weep when I see good film or read good stuff about WW2 navy things... but that's another subject.

Many of us here have some knowledge and experience of at least some aspects of naval war.... I knew some guys

Robbie [nz]

My own personal message -- gee, how do I rate? 8)

My Father was on the US Lexington during the Battle of the Coral Sea. He was missing in action for two months. Really a nerve-wracking time in my life. I only found out a few years ago why we didn't know where he was. Twice he was missing in action.

I have donated his memorabilia to the Navy Museum in Washington DC. They had so little concerning that battle. My Father kept a journal/log he called it, Japanese shrapnel that had gone though 5 decks to bounce about him, among other things. They were excited over this find and said that they would put together a display "A Day in the Life of a Sailor on the US Lexington." I don't know if they have done this yet or not. They last time I telephoned them, they told me these displays take time. Ha!