Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Mother and Mother in NJ

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    OK, everyone who has taken the discussion lessons from the LDS missionaries, and know what they are talking about - raise your hand. The rest of you sit down, until you know what you are talking about.

    I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
    It appears to me that there are quite a few different religions out there. Are they all equally certified by God? Some believe in Jesus, some Budda, some Confucious, some in aliens - Scientology.

    What's your take on this?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    >>It appears to me that there are quite a few different religions out there. Are they all equally certified by God? Some believe in Jesus, some Buddha, some Confucius, some in aliens - Scientology.

    What's your take on this?<<

    What do you think? Who's right? Gail says that the Mormons are the only "True" religion--- because the gold plates tell her so--- The point is, do as you wish and pray to whomever you wish, but don't prostylize everyone else because you think that your God is the only right god(sorry Gillette).

  3. #23
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    OK, everyone who has taken the discussion lessons from the LDS missionaries, and know what they are talking about - raise your hand. The rest of you sit down, until you know what you are talking about.

    I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
    It appears to me that there are quite a few different religions out there. Are they all equally certified by God? Some believe in Jesus, some Budda, some Confucious, some in aliens - Scientology.

    What's your take on this?
    What is my take on this? Haven't you been reading my post? When the boy Joseph Smith prayed in the Sacred Grove and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him - he was told that all the churches were wrong and they were an abomination in His sight. Jesus went on to tell Joseph that he had been chosen to restore The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Which he did.

    So it is my belief that none of the other churches are - as you say, certified by God. Although there are many good people in all churches, with fragments of the truth. It isn't their fault that they don't know - and at the rate our church is growing in membership, they are coming in as fast as they can.

    But, alas, there are many hard-headed people in the world that won't listen.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    What is my take on this? Haven't you been reading my post? When the boy Joseph Smith prayed in the Sacred Grove and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him - he was told that all the churches were wrong and they were an abomination in His sight. Jesus went on to tell Joseph that he had been chosen to restore The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Which he did.

    So it is my belief that none of the other churches are - as you say, certified by God. Although there are many good people in all churches, with fragments of the truth. It isn't their fault that they don't know - and at the rate our church is growing in membership, they are coming in as fast as they can.

    But, alas, there are many hard-headed people in the world that won't listen.
    Allow me to proceed with my questions: Why would you believe Joseph Smith? Why not believe the Pope?

    If the majority of the people out there are 'wrong' or 'dealing with fragments of the truth', why doesn't god clue them in?

    Why are they to belive Joseph Smith, when there are 100's or 1000's of Joseph Smiths making similar claims.

    Your belief seems completely arbitrary.


  5. #25
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    What is my take on this? Haven't you been reading my post? When the boy Joseph Smith prayed in the Sacred Grove and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him - he was told that all the churches were wrong and they were an abomination in His sight. Jesus went on to tell Joseph that he had been chosen to restore The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Which he did.

    So it is my belief that none of the other churches are - as you say, certified by God. Although there are many good people in all churches, with fragments of the truth. It isn't their fault that they don't know - and at the rate our church is growing in membership, they are coming in as fast as they can.

    But, alas, there are many hard-headed people in the world that won't listen.
    Allow me to proceed with my questions: Why would you believe Joseph Smith? Why not believe the Pope?

    If the majority of the people out there are 'wrong' or 'dealing with fragments of the truth', why doesn't god clue them in?

    Why are they to belive Joseph Smith, when there are 100's or 1000's of Joseph Smiths making similar claims.

    Your belief seems completely arbitrary.

    No, my beliefs are not selected at random.

    <>

    For two reasons: One it was foretold in the scriptures that there would be a falling away and then a restoration. Martin Luther saw this, and maybe he had been chosen to pave the way. Up until that time the Catholic church had a strangle-hold on the church. And He will send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you; whom the heavens must receive until the times of restitution of all things. Acts 3:19-24

    Whereas with the Pope - While they claim to have come from Jesus through Peter when Jesus said, On this rock, I build my church. Taking to mean Peter means rock, therefore on Peter I build my church. History does not bear this out. Constantine called a council of Catholic bishops to meet at Nicaea in 325 A.D. The government wanted to have more control over the Christians. So at this point they came up with the Nicene Creed. It pretty much stayed this way until 1517 .

    Protestants are called such as they are protesters of the Catholic church, and much of their doctrines reflects this. Baptist like to say that they come from John the Baptist, but this isn't true either. This church was basically brought together through the efforts of Roger Williams in 1639.

    Joseph Smith alone stands with credibility, even though throughout his life people tried to discredit him.

    "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it," Doctrine and Covenant 135.3

    You claim <> I am not familiar with any other person who has first claimed ""I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air, One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - This is My Beloved Son, Hear Him! - Joseph Smith - History1:17

    However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and hear a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise.
    So it was with me, I had actually seen a light , and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation. Joseph Smith History 1:24-25

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    Gail says that the Mormons are the only "True" religion--- because the gold plates tell her so--- The point is, do as you wish and pray to whomever you wish, but don't prostylize everyone else because you think that your God is the only right god(sorry Gillette).
    Many different groups proclaim their religion to be the 'right one'. Further, you will relegated to hell for not believing/worshiping they way they do. I think this is proof enough that god doesn't exist.

    If all these folks who believe in ' their' way is OK with god, then god doesn't care what you believe, including not to believe any of that superstitious crap. If god does care, he sure as hell would send the 'spec' to worship by, cause how would these folks know? What happened to all the people before Joe Smith - I guess they went to hell.

  7. #27
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    dBrong wrote << What happened to all the people before Joe Smith - I guess they went to hell.
    >>

    No, not true. To start with we are all God's children. Those of us who haven't heard this in this life will hear it when we get to the other side of the veil (death). Even those who have heard the message and rejected it will be given another chance on the other side. When this life is over it isn't the end.

    1 THE Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

    (Old Testament | Isaiah 61:1 - 2)

    And again:

    18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

    (New Testament | 1 Peter 3:18 - 20)

    All of mankind will have the opportunity to accept or reject - only the evil spirits will be cast into outer darkness, but even hell will have an end.

    Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

    (New Testament | Revelation 20:7)

    and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

    (New Testament | Revelation 20:13 - 15)

    I know none of you are wicken, and therefore you will not have to worry.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Joseph Smith alone stands with credibility, even though throughout his life people tried to discredit him.

    "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it," Doctrine and Covenant 135.3

    You claim <> I am not familiar with any other person who has first claimed ""I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air, One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - This is My Beloved Son, Hear Him! - Joseph Smith - History1:17
    > save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it," Doctrine and Covenant 135.3<

    Notice the source of this quote - it's LDS's statement - you can't use their own doctrine to create facts. I think this is where you get confused. You take a mere mortal's statement as fact, then as the religion is formalized, doctrine is added, and you believe that also. When it reality it's all just made up by mere mortals. What they do is comb the bible backwards to build facts to support their position.

    >I am not familiar with any other person who has first claimed ""I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all <

    Jim Jones, Daniel Koresh, on and on there have be 1000's of nut jobs that claimed to be the devine leaders of their followers. Visions? Hearing words? God speaking to them? My wife works with such people on a daily basis. She tries to get them on the right meds, placed in a supervised group living situation, and get them a 'full time job'. I'm not kidding.

    I think you have allowed yourself to be unduely influenced by religion, especially the LDS. But it's your life, and if it makes you happy..... none of my business!

  9. #29
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    < >>

    There is a joke going around -- If you talk with God you are praying, if God talks with you you are Schizophrenia.

    We live in interesting times. We see pictures that have been engineered, we listen to music that isn't played on real instruments. Life in our days has the capability of showing us reality, and yet it is easier than ever to deceive. I have lived long enought to know that therories are just that, not facts. Mankind wants so badly to make sense out of its world and have a cause and effect for everything. We often stand confused and accusortory when we cannot. And yet -- we all have a belief system, we all have superstitions - some shared and some only us alone. Step on a crack, break your mother's back - we have all outlived that one, but occasionally find ourselves making sure that we don't step on a crack. Knock on wood, planes crash in threes, third time is a charm, etc.


  10. #30
    DonTom
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    I knew that the Mormons were family orientated,

    IMO, there is no such thing as an anti-gay church that is family orientated. Religious parents, who belong to an anti-gay church are famous for disowning and / or kicking their own gay kids out of the house.
    -Don-

  11. #31
    DonTom
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Our marriage went straight downhill after that.

    I can see why you think of relationships as "work". In your case, that's been true, IMO.

    But if the relationship really works well to begin with, it does all the work for you, so you have no work left to do. That's how Tom & I see it, after spending well more than half of our lives together.



    "If there is anything better than to be loved it is loving."
    --Anonymous

    "To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another."
    --Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibnitz


    -Don Quoteman

  12. #32
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    I knew that the Mormons were family orientated,

    IMO, there is no such thing as an anti-gay church that is family orientated. Religious parents, who belong to an anti-gay church are famous for disowning and / or kicking their own gay kids out of the house.
    -Don-
    Tough Love

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    < >>

    There is a joke going around -- If you talk with God you are praying, if God talks with you you are Schizophrenia.
    I'm truely sorry that you believe anything that 'comes down the pike'.

    Sorry to say, god speaks to all of us every day. It's our own mind's, it's our sense of right and wrong. I need no 'scripture' to tell me not to mess around with my daughter-in-law. It's just plain commonsense!

  14. #34
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Wal-Mart Says It Will Not Make Corporate Contributions To Support Or Oppose Controversial Issues

    http://www.walmartfacts.com/articles/4617.aspx

    Not to go after the other organizations.

    Looking at the list of names - many I am not surprised over, and I don't do business with them anyhow, I will now earmark or abandon Verizon, Hallmark and Barnes and Noble

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Wal-Mart does not have a position on same sex marriage and we do not give preference to gay or lesbian suppliers. Wal-Mart does have a strong commitment to diversity among our associates and against discrimination everywhere.

    >>Looking at the list of names - many I am not surprised over, and I don't do business with them anyhow, I will now earmark or abandon Verizon, Hallmark and Barnes and Noble <<

    I'm sure that they all are scared to death---

  16. #36
    DonTom
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Wal-Mart does not have a position on same sex marriage and we do not give preference to gay or lesbian suppliers. Wal-Mart does have a strong commitment to diversity among our associates and against discrimination everywhere.

    How can they say that they are "against discrimination" and "does not have a position on same sex marriage" in the same paragraph?

    -Don-

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    >>How can they say that they are "against discrimination" and "does not have a position on same sex marriage" in the same paragraph?<<

    They are attempting to make the discriminating idiots happy---

  18. #38
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    So it is my belief that none of the other churches are - as you say, certified by God. Although there are many good people in all churches, with fragments of the truth. It isn't their fault that they don't know - and at the rate our church is growing in membership, they are coming in as fast as they can.

    But, alas, there are many hard-headed people in the world that won't listen.
    So, Mark Twain had it right..."Man is the only animal with the true religion. Several of them."

    That attitude is what makes it OK for Muslims to kill "unbelievers."

    And even Jesus said, "Other sheep have I that are not of this fold."

    It shocked his Jewish followers when he said that, I'm sure.

  19. #39
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    [color=Green]

    How can they say that they are "against discrimination" and "does not have a position on same sex marriage" in the same paragraph?

    -Don-
    I'm wondering how Wal-Mart can say "does not have a position on same sex marriage," and then admit that they paid $25,000 to belong to the gay & Lesbian CC and donate $60,000 to the Gay group and say that they don't have a position. You'd believe believe if I put out that kind of money, I'd have a position.

    Wal-Mart is trying to please everybody and all they will accomplish is pissing everyone off.

  20. #40
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,718

    Re: Mother and Mother in NJ

    They are so much better at hawking cut-priced Chinese-made stuff (and thereby helping to eviscerate the US economy/manufacturing base) , aren't they?

Similar Threads

  1. Mother of all Hot-Wheels tracks
    By chiph in forum Video clips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM
  2. My mother-in-law is a Clover
    By Eric in forum The Daily Clover
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:27 PM
  3. The Mother of All Burnouts
    By Disco Man in forum Performance/Muscle Cars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
  4. Reflections of a Mother
    By gail in forum Secession Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
  5. The Mother load!
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 07:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •