2007 Bugatti Veyron

The Veyron appeared last year as an '07 model after much speculation and anticipation. It remains the world's most powerful, quickest and fastest street legal factory-built car -- with a top speed in excess of 250 miles-per-hour provided by an eight liter, 16-cylinder "w" engine with four turbochargers that produces 1,001 horsepower and 922-lbs.-ft. of torque. This million-dollar coupe has a seven-speed, paddle-shifted sequential-manual gearbox and full-time all-wheel-drive. The system is designed to route 70 percent of the engine's massive output to the rear wheels and the remaining 30 percent to the front wheels. Among its ultra, ultra-exclusive features are one-off, custom-built 20 and 21-inch wheels with Veyron-specific tires, carbon-ceramic brakes, an "active" rear wing, composite body panels and a "power gauge" that tells the driver how much power the engine is producing at any given time.