Thread: Thousands Of Evangelicals Rally To Reclaim Wal-Mart's "Biblical" Heritage

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Thousands Of Evangelicals Rally To Reclaim Wal-Mart's "Biblical" Heritage

Thousands Of Evangelicals Rally To Reclaim Wal-Mart's "Biblical" Heritage

Somehow, millions of Christians still believe Wal-Mart is Jesus' favorite company. (We doubt he'd be a fan). In fact, evangelicals love the company so much, they've launched a campaign to SaveWalmart. From SaveWalmart.com
    Wal-Mart is changing! It is departing from the rock from which it was hewn. The faith and love for God and His Word by Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, is being trashed before our very eyes. God blessed Wal-Mart because Sam Walton applied biblical principles to run his business. He never failed to give King Jesus the glory.

The devil is forcing our schools, businesses, government, and churches to honor those things which are an abomination to God. Christians must take a stand! It?s time for our theology to become biography in the streets! It?s time for us to come out of the closet!

And here's their plan
    On Friday, November 24, 2006, the busiest shopping day of the year, Christians from across the nation will bring the Gospel of Christ to the very gates of the largest retailer in the World -- WAL-MART!

In Charlotte, North Carolina and at over 300 other Wal-Mart Stores across the nation, a Gospel information explosion will take place with brochures, preaching, praying, and Christian witnessing. Christianity is moving out of the closet to become biography in the streets to come to the aide of America?s ?favorite? store! God blessed Wal-Mart and it became America?s favorite store because Sam Walton chose to honor God and run his business according to Biblical principles. That has now changed.

gail

Re: Thousands Of Evangelicals Rally To Reclaim Wal-Mart's "Biblical" Heritage

Funny, Eric. I won't be with that group either. I will just quietly stay at home and spend my money elsewhere.

I managed to get my first food order delivery that I placed online today. I shopped at Von's AKA Safeway. It was easy, and two handsome, burly men delivered the goodies.

Who needs Wal-Mart. Actually, Wal-Mart has done me a favor.

>>It was easy, and two handsome, burly men delivered the goodies.<<

You were obviously more interested in something other than food, huh?

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>It was easy, and two handsome, burly men delivered the goodies.<<

You were obviously more interested in something other than food, huh?
    Well, as Don said in one of his posts - "I can look at the menu, can't I?" 8)

DonTom

"I can look at the menu, can't I?"

What's especially nice about gai couples is that we can look together! We don't always have the same "taste" in other guys, but more often than not, and a lot more often than any heterosexual couple. ;D. When either one of us notices a cute guy, we mention it to the other, but that is as far as that ever goes.

-Don-

>>Well, as Don said in one of his posts - "I can look at the menu, can't I?" <<

On the plus side, back when I was in the USAF and a few of us were transferred to Hill AFB in Ogden for a 90 day TDY, the guys were bitchin about the Mormon girls not drinking or smoking.
    After the first weekend, one of the guys reported back that he found out that you don't have to drink or smoke to have a good time--- you can define "good time" as you wish, but he was talking about a full dinner! ;D