Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A True Holiday Gift

A True Holiday Gift

A True Holiday Gift For The Country

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: A True Holiday Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    We canhope; I'd rather see the bastard carted off in irons and held without charge or access to legal counsel....

gail

The vigilante mentality is alive and well on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by gail
    The vigilante mentality is alive and well on this site.
    Nah Gail, Common sense!
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Who is the "vigilante" gail?

The Chimp demands the right - on his say so - to jail anyone (including American citizens) without charging them with a specific crime and holding them indefinitely. Don't give me your bullshit about "this is war." If you embrace these tactics, it's your patriotism that's open to debate - not those who criticize The Chimp. Either we live under the rule of law - or we don't.

Same goes for things like the official endorsement of torture. (If the Nazis were evil and worthy of being hanged for abusing their captives by such means, how is it ok when we do it? )

The only "vigilinate" here is the idiot cowboy we have in office.

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Who is the "vigilante" gail?

The Chimp demands the right - on his say so - to jail anyone (including American citizens) without charging them with a specific crime and holding them indefinitely. Don't give me your bullshit about "this is war." If you embrace these tactics, it's your patriotism that's open to debate - not those who criticize The Chimp. Either we live under the rule of law - or we don't.

Same goes for things like the official endorsement of torture. (If the Nazis were evil and worthy of being hanged for abusing their captives by such means, how is it ok when we do it? )

The only "vigilinate" here is the idiot cowboy we have in office.

Making men get undressed and putting female panties on their head isn't torture -- well, maybe for Don. ;D All the rest of the men are thinking - The party has begun.

Come off of it, Eric. Yippie Yi Ay!!!

The torture was not confined to that - there were beatings and other physical abuse. At least one victim was beaten to death. So you're simply wrong on the facts of the matter. Moreoever, several of the thugs (Lyndie England, etc.) were convicted and drummed out of the armed forces. Apparently, the law disagrees with your interpretation of harmless hazing.

And at what point is torture not "ok" for you?

And how about dragooning people (including American citizens) off to some jail - without ever charging them with a crime? That's ok by you, too? Do you not grasp that if it canbe done to any American - it could be done to you, too?

And even if you love The Chimp and believe himto have perfect judgment and to be incapable of abusing the unprecedented powers he has arrogated to himself - what happens when a president you don't love so much assumes power? Do you want Hillary to have the precedent and power to arrest people on her say so, without charge?

This is why the rule of law is so important - and why The Chimp is so dangerous.

>>Making men get undressed and putting female panties on their head isn't torture <<

That depends upon who is occupying the panties!

This is our lawfully elected leader. We can discuss, till the cow's come home, why he should have done this or that. I'm not saying Bush has done the best job (the illegal stuff is a mess also), but... To mock him, to say the Cheny is going to jail... this is just awful.

With this posting, you exhibit poor taste, behavior, and manners.

>>With this posting, you exhibit poor taste, behavior, and manners.<<

Exactly what I intended to do! But there are several who will disagre with you!

The real agenda is to but that Polosi nutcase in the White House, not to simply piss off a few people.

>>The real agenda is to but that Polosi nutcase in the White House, not to simply piss off a few people. <<

Couldn't be worse---

The fact that he's lawfully elected doesn'tmean he's entitled to reverence - does it?

I personally think that it's a healthy thing (for freedom's sake) to avoid putting leaders on a pedestal where they are immune from criticism and not subject to mockery when it's deserved.

And The Chimp surely deserved to be mocked - even reviled.

His presidency has been incredibly destructive; just ask the families of the thousands of who have died in Iraq - and the tens of thousands horribly wounded (many of them permanently disabled). If all The Chimp has to endure is some public mockery and displays of contempt - while others lose their lives and limbs - I'd say he's getting off pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm

The real agenda is to but that Polosi nutcase in the White House, not to simply piss off a few people.
    I agree with Jim - Pelosi could not possibly be worse than what we have now....

mrblanche

Pelosi has a reputation for being a ruthless punisher of those who disagree with her or oppose her. Those who know her best (on both sides of the aisle) say her practices would make Nixon look like a choir boy.

But...if that's what you want!

Oh...wait...you didn't LIKE the way Nixon punished his enemies, and you didn't know about Clinton's practices. Maybe Pelosi isn't the good idea you think she is?

gail

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong
    This is our lawfully elected leader. We can discuss, till the cow's come home, why he should have done this or that. I'm not saying Bush has done the best job (the illegal stuff is a mess also), but... To mock him, to say the Cheny is going to jail... this is just awful.

With this posting, you exhibit poor taste, behavior, and manners.

I totally agree with you. I seems to me that people in general have lost all respect for anything, and everyone -- even themselves. I feel that I'm living in a foreign land, even with those who speak English I don't understand what they are saying.

gail

Well, it won't be me. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!! :-[

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    The fact that he's lawfully elected doesn'tmean he's entitled to reverence - does it?

I personally think that it's a healthy thing (for freedom's sake) to avoid putting leaders on a pedestal where they are immune from criticism and not subject to mockery when it's deserved.

And The Chimp surely deserved to be mocked - even reviled.

His presidency has been incredibly destructive; just ask the families of the thousands of who have died in Iraq - and the tens of thousands horribly wounded (many of them permanently disabled). If all The Chimp has to endure is some public mockery and displays of contempt - while others lose their lives and limbs - I'd say he's getting off pretty cheap.
    Eric, my son was in Iraq, and while I'm one of the lucky Moms because he returned in one piece, I would have been a proud mom for my son to die for our country. I am going to tell you again the story he told me before he went over to Iraq.

"Mom," he said, "I was at this wedding - a friend of my wife," (the wife and friend went to school together in Germany), "an old woman was sitting across the room and she kept smiling at me. After a while she came over and sat down next to me, she kept smiling and she patted my knee. She was speaking in German so I didn't know what she was saying. My wife came over and translated for me. She told me that the old woman was saying, 'When I was a little girl in Germany and your people came marching in, one solider picked me up and carried me to safety. I am alive today because of you." She continued to say, "God speed!' " My son went on to tell me, " Someday at a wedding somewhere an old Iraqi woman will come up to a son or grandson and tell them, "I am alive today because your people came to my country and gave us freedom."

I would hope that every parent who lost a child in Iraq realizes that they gave their son/daughter to preserve freedom in Iraq and here at home. I would like to post a video but the site won't let me. It is of Arlington Cemetery and the song is A Hero's Resting Place.

>>Well, it won't be me. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!! <<

Isn't gambling against your religion?

gail

>>Well, it won't be me. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!! <<

Isn't gambling against your religion?
    Where do you guys come up with what I believe? It is frowned upon but not forbidden. The danger being two-fold: one is addiction and the other is 'getting-something=for=nothing' mentality.

In the Old Testament it is written, Cast your lots and let the Lord make the decision.