Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Complete the song lyric!

  1. #1
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,910

    Complete the song lyric!

    How many of you can complete the following song lyrics without Googling?

    * "My Maserati...

    * "When I drive that slow...

    * "What's a little lady like you....

    * "Cadillac sittin' like a ton of lead....

    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    * "I hit top speed but ....

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage... )

  2. #2
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How many of you can complete the following song lyrics without Googling?

    * "My Maserati...

    * "When I drive that slow...

    * "What's a little lady like you....

    * "Cadillac sittin' like a ton of lead....

    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    * "I hit top speed but ....

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage... )
    I can only do a couple..

    My Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive (Joe Walsh.. Lifes been good)

    When I drive that slow its hard to steer I cant get my car out of second gear... (sammy Hagar I can't drive 55)

    I don't know the rest.



  3. #3
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,910

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How many of you can complete the following song lyrics without Googling?

    * "My Maserati...

    * "When I drive that slow...

    * "What's a little lady like you....

    * "Cadillac sittin' like a ton of lead....

    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    * "I hit top speed but ....

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage... )
    I can only do a couple..

    My Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive (Joe Walsh.. Lifes been good)

    When I drive that slow its hard to steer I cant get my car out of second gear... (sammy Hagar I can't drive 55)

    I don't know the rest.


    I wonder if anyone else here can get the tough ones!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I wonder if anyone else here can get the tough ones!
    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    Little Deuce Coupe

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage...

    Little Old Lady from Pasadena.

    Given time I could probably remember the lyrics!

  5. #5
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,910

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    I wonder if anyone else here can get the tough ones!
    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    Little Deuce Coupe

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage...

    Little Old Lady from Pasadena.

    Given time I could probably remember the lyrics!
    Excellent!

    But still several to go....!

  6. #6
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    How many of you can complete the following song lyrics without Googling?

    * "My Maserati...

    does 185, I lost my license, now I don't drive... (Joe Walsh, "Life's Been Good")

    * "When I drive that slow...

    It's hard to steer, and I can't get my car out of second gear... (Sammy Hagar, I Can't Drive 55)

    * "What's a little lady like you....

    * "Cadillac sittin' like a ton of lead....

    A hundred and ten half a mile ahead. (Chuck Berry, Maybelline)

    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    She'll do a hundred and forty with the top end floored She's my little deuce coupe ...

    * "I hit top speed but ....

    (Sorry, didn't come up with it)

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage... )

    Sits a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge.

  7. #7
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,910

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    The best so far!

    One of those is really obscure. I still have the album (vinyl....).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage... )

    Sits a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge.
    You learn something every day! I'd always heard that line as ' Sits a brand new shiny red Super Stock car.' Found the Jan & Dean CD (I haven't got the Beach Boys version) & sure enough, it's 'Dodge'; I can't believe my hearing's been that bad for forty years!

  9. #9
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brand
    You learn something every day! I'd always heard that line as ' Sits a brand new shiny red Super Stock car.' Found the Jan & Dean CD (I haven't got the Beach Boys version) & sure enough, it's 'Dodge'; I can't believe my hearing's been that bad for forty years!
    Well...it had to rhyme with "garage," didn't it?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Well...it had to rhyme with "garage," didn't it?
    Not an obvious rhyme this side of the Atlantic!

    In further mitigation, Dodge is not a name I readily associated with cars when I first heard the song. Dodge only existed as trucks in the UK.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    287

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    How many of you can complete the following song lyrics without Googling?

    * "My Maserati...

    ...hasn't run since 1983.

    * "When I drive that slow...

    ...I can see the girls all stare.

    * "What's a little lady like you....

    ...doing in a heap like that?

    * "Cadillac sittin' like a ton of lead....

    * "She's ported and relived and she's stroked and bored....

    ...and stoned on pot right out of her gourd.

    * "I hit top speed but ....

    ...the motorcycle cop was still in third.

    * "But parked in her rickety old garage...

    ...she gathered dust and rust and rotted away.

  12. #12
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: Complete the song lyric!

    Rich Boy sellin' crack f*** niggas wanna jack
    Shit tight no slack just bought a Cadillac


    candy drippin
    on the chevy
    caprice classic,
    already
    i do the fool
    watch me clown
    its dat caprice music
    it goes down




    Nice to see that the art of automotive song lyrics has captured the hearts of a new generation. :

Similar Threads

  1. Complete Insanity - MC Road Race
    By dom in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Sale of Jaguar to India's Tata now complete....
    By Eric in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
  3. Learning NASCAR, a complete how-to compete!
    By Michael in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:01 AM
  4. Complete, Utter BS, Mercedes-style
    By robmcg in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 12:25 AM
  5. Do You recognize this Song?
    By gail in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •