Thread: Forum mods?

D_E_Davis

Forum mods?

I'd like to see the following changes:

1. I'd like the "unread posts" and the "new replies" links to be added at the bottom of the page as well as leaving them at the top. On many long threads I must page up quite a bit just to reach these links.

2. I'd like the "unread posts" flags to remain set until I actually read them. As it is now, when I must leave with some posts unread on my next visit no "unreads" show.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Forum mods?

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    I'd like to see the following changes:

1. I'd like the "unread posts" and the "new replies" links to be added at the bottom of the page as well as leaving them at the top. On many long threads I must page up quite a bit just to reach these links.

2. I'd like the "unread posts" flags to remain set until I actually read them. As it is now, when I must leave with some posts unread on my next visit no "unreads" show.

I'll see what Martie says; she's the "tech" side of things here!

Re: Forum mods?

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    The flags do remain set. The problem is that from the menu page you can only list unread posts since your last visit. If you read all of those & click on 'Show unread posts since last visit' you will then get a message 'No posts found. Show all unread posts?'.Click on that & all your unread posts will be listed. It's not ideal, as you must read all the posts on the 'since last visit' list to be able to list all unread posts; using the 'mark read' option on the 'since last visit' list appears to clear 'unread' flags globally.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add 'show all unread posts' to the opening menu - most forum software allows that.