Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sale of Chrysler

Staff

Sale of Chrysler

The rumors are coming true as JP Morgan is going to assist with the sale of Chrysler Corporation again. Who do you think will buy them out? Rumor has it that it is GM. The only thing I can do is shake my head.. why??? The only desirable Chrysler products are the full sized sedans which are based on prior generation Mercedes. Why in hell would GM want their pickup trucks, their Dodge Caliber and the Chrysler Sebring? GM is full of morons if they want to buy that pig.

Re: Sale of Chrysler

I'm getting some money back from the feds this year. Maybe they'll sell Chrysler to me?
    ;D

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat
    The rumors are coming true as JP Morgan is going to assist with the sale of Chrysler Corporation again. Who do you think will buy them out? Rumor has it that it is GM.
    That's too bland. Let's start our own rumor that it is Walmart doing the buying.

>>Let's start our own rumor that it is Walmart doing the buying.<<

And moving all production to China so they can ship the vehicles with the rest of their merchandise.

Imagine if they used the cars as shipping containers:

"Hey, I got a free pair of jeans with my new car! I found them under the passenger seat."

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

mrblanche

OK, here's a challenge...

How much of Wal-Mart's merchandise do you think comes from China?

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat
    The rumors are coming true as JP Morgan is going to assist with the sale of Chrysler Corporation again. Who do you think will buy them out? Rumor has it that it is GM.
    That's too bland. Let's start our own rumor that it is Walmart doing the buying.

Hyundai also in talks I read down here.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

>>How much of Wal-Mart's merchandise do you think comes from China?<<

As much as they possibly can get!

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    Not true, I suspect. If only for public relations, they try to keep the percentage down. Of course, part of the problem is that after Sam died, they dropped their "brining it home to America" program and drove a lot of businesses out of the country.

But you didn't even make a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Not true, I suspect. If only for public relations, they try to keep the percentage down. Of course, part of the problem is that after Sam died, they dropped their "brining it home to America" program and drove a lot of businesses out of the country.

But you didn't even make a guess.
    How about 70%

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch.../walmart_5.cfm

mrblanche

Wal-Mart says 10%.

If you accept that number from the AFLCIO ($18 billion in 2005), then it would be less than 10%, since their sales for that year were $288 billion.

>>Wal-Mart says 10%.

If you accept that number from the AFLCIO ($18 billion in 2005), then it would be less than 10%, since their sales for that year were $288 billion.<<

There's a helluva difference between the word "INVENTORY" and "SALES"--- Most retail inventory will turn 4 times a year. In walmart's stores, that relates to 72 billion--- , but I'll bet their turn ratio is a helluva lot more than 4----

The company says its inventory of products made in China was expected to hit $18 billion in 2004, the second consecutive year the inventory grew by more than 20 percent. More than 70 per cent of the products sold at Wal-Mart are made in China, according to the China Business Weekly.
    More than 80 percent of the 6,000 factories in Wal-Mart's worldwide database of suppliers are in China. If Wal-Mart were a separate nation, it would rank as China?s fifth-largest export market, ahead of Germany and Britain.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Wal-Mart says 10%.

If you accept that number from the AFLCIO ($18 billion in 2005), then it would be less than 10%, since their sales for that year were $288 billion.
    There's more to hate about Wal-Mart than where it gets its merchandise... I despise the gigantism and ugliness and sprawl it visits on the locales it despoils. We're about to get a "super center" just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Rt. 220. It's an atrocity.

Hey Jim,

Great new avatar!

"Crush enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of the women."

mrblanche

There's a helluva difference between the word "INVENTORY" and "SALES"--- Most retail inventory will turn 4 times a year. In walmart's stores, that relates to 72 billion--- , but I'll bet their turn ratio is a helluva lot more than 4----
    I personally think they meant sales, but still, $70 billion is less than 25% of their sales.

You might be amazed at how much of their stuff is NOT from China, or not even imported. I went shopping at Wal-Mart recently, and this same discussion came up somewhere else. I went and looked through everything I bought, and every single item had been made in the U.S.

Still, I wish they would go back to their "bringing it home to America" program.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hey Jim,

Great new avatar!

"Crush enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of the women."
    Thanks--- That pic was done in Las Vegas a few years back--- That is actually my face---
    I really like the caption beneath-- Probably hard to read here---

"Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, Because I'm the meanest S.O.B. in the valley!"

Crom is your god - and he lives in the Earth!

Do you know the riddle of steel?

>>You might be amazed at how much of their stuff is NOT from China, or not even imported. <<

If you consider food stuff -- Try their electronics section and their clothing---

Would you consider both of us not really having the true numbers? They used to be US product heavy when Sam was alive--- They abuse suppliers and cut the sales reps out of the picture and deal direct only. If they drop a line of merchandise, the supplier will most likely go out of business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddle_of_Steel
    I just found out-- I'm really not into games much-- but I did enjoy Arnold doing Conan---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddle_of_Steel
    I just found out-- I'm really not into games much-- but I did enjoy Arnold doing Conan---
    It was some of his finest work!