Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

gail

Re: IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>But, I do apologize to you, Jim, for thinking that one could avoid ALL accidents, now I realize that one can't. <<

I'll accept that as your graduation thesis--- I damned near got nailed today by a red light runner---
    I often got "just missed" in fact there were several times that I moved out of the way to watch the car where I would have been get slammed into. This, I'm sure, gave me a sense of being invincible -- come to find out that I'm human afterall.

>> come to find out that I'm human afterall. <<

You're just a target like the rest of us.
    The idiot who ran the red light actually had the nerve to blow his horn at me! I guess he was warning me that he was gonna hit me--- One day when my car needs replacement I will not try to avoid the accident.

gail

>> come to find out that I'm human afterall. <<

You're just a target like the rest of us.
    The idiot who ran the red light actually had the nerve to blow his horn at me! I guess he was warning me that he was gonna hit me--- One day when my car needs replacement I will not try to avoid the accident.
    Dang! Got nailed again. This time in a parking lot. A double blame, I guess. I didn't see her and she didn't see me and WHAMMY Crap! she wanted to blame me, but I told her it was mutual. But now that I reason it out in my mind it may have been more her fault. Zero damage on my rental (my vehicle is in the shop getting a new bumper. How ironic is that?)

Here's the scenereo: I was facing norht, as I was backing out I turned my back-end east, to swing west. She claims that she was backing west to travel east. Her car was parked facing south. I think she was aiming at the striped area beside the handicap parking space, and claim that I hit her rear passenger side. There was absolutely no damage to my vehicle.

I just don't see how I could have hit her in the spot she claims was hit. Can you guys help me out here?

>>Can you guys help me out here? <<

Sure-- which way did you come in?

She can claim all, she wants to, but without a witness, it becomes a thing under the "no fault" part of your policy.

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by pgranzeau
    I would believe that any visible damage at all will run more than $500 nowadays. I had a very small sideswipoe repaired in December, at most about 12 square inches on the rear door and quarter panel, and it ran nearly $1500.
    That's a pretty good rule. If you can see it, it's going to cost more than $500. Why? Because the paint to repaint a bumper in a metallic color costs over $200, plus labor. If there is any metal damage, you are already approaching $1,000.

gail

>>Can you guys help me out here? <<

Sure-- which way did you come in?

She can claim all, she wants to, but without a witness, it becomes a thing under the "no fault" part of your policy.
    Third time around -- I finally got your joke. LOL ;D You're cute!

>>Third time around -- I finally got your joke. LOL You're cute!<<

A REAL blonde-----

gail

They missed me this time.

What a fiasco!

I drove into this very crowded and small parking lot, with more vehicles than it was intended to serve. I was sitting in my van ready to leave when another van entered and pulled to the right of me, behind him was a white sedan, she pulled in behind the other van. There was plenty of room for her to drive between us. I sat still -- waiting -- she blew her horn, and then back out of the parking lot into traffic - for those of you who know Las Vegas - the road was Decatur - a very heavily traveled road, and everyone thinks that it is a race track. I heard the squealing of brakes and smelled the laying down of rubber and WHAM! She was hit.

I still can't believe that she just back out into traffic like that. At least it wasn't me.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gail

What a fiasco!

I drove into this very crowded and small parking lot, with more vehicles than it was intended to serve. I was sitting in my van ready to leave when another van entered and pulled to the right of me, behind him was a white sedan, she pulled in behind the other van. There was plenty of room for her to drive between us. I sat still -- waiting -- she blew her horn, and then back out of the parking lot into traffic - for those of you who know Las Vegas - the road was Decatur - a very heavily traveled road, and everyone thinks that it is a race track. I heard the squealing of brakes and smelled the laying down of rubber and WHAM! She was hit.

I still can't believe that she just back out into traffic like that. At least it wasn't me.
    And you think the country's not overcrowded?

she blew her horn, and then back out of the parking lot into traffic
    Impatience is probably at fault more often than people credit.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

What a fiasco!

And you think the country's not overcrowded?
    Why would I think this? Maybe I didn't convey enough information about the situation I was in. The place is called 'Best Deal on Wheels.' A tiny tote-ur-note used car dealer. The owner has a small lot with about 50 cars on it. I don't think it was intended for anyone to park there.

I figured that the woman driving thought she had her vehicle in drive, or maybe she rolled backwards - that's of course, giving her the benefit of the doubt. However it was suicide for her to back into traffic.

PS it was a limo that hit her.

Las Vegas is crowded, but remember it is an oasis, you can drive 200 miles in any direction and there is nothing -- nothing!

gail

Quote Originally Posted by chiph

Chip H.
    Impatience and inattention.

Quote Originally Posted by chiph

Chip H.
    Impatience and inattention.

Perfect example last night.... woman just backed out of parking lot, I avoided her....and heard expletives as though "heck I nearly hit that guy". I was on my bike, car would have been either crunch. ....or she may have seen it..... somehow I think she was distracted by rather drunken sounding hubby/partner/boyfriend/mate
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia