Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Passed up a VA job...

  1. #1
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Passed up a VA job...

    My carrier asked me to go up to Front Royal for a couple of weeks, but I have previous commitments.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: Passed up a VA job...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    My carrier asked me to go up to Front Royal for a couple of weeks, but I have previous commitments.
    Why would a long hauler be posted to a place for that long? Or was the idea to make a short hauler out of you?

  3. #3
    MikeHalloran
    Guest

    Re: Passed up a VA job...

    That's a nice area in summer. Not so much now.

  4. #4
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Re: Passed up a VA job...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Why would a long hauler be posted to a place for that long? Or was the idea to make a short hauler out of you?
    I'm not a long-hauler any more. I rarely go farther away than a day's drive. Our company has a dedicated operation in Front Royal for Sysco.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: Passed up a VA job...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Why would a long hauler be posted to a place for that long? Or was the idea to make a short hauler out of you?
    I'm not a long-hauler any more. I rarely go farther away than a day's drive. Our company has a dedicated operation in Front Royal for Sysco.
    Good, it's nice that you can have a home life, it gives more time to work on the T.

  6. #6
    mrblanche
    Guest

    Re: Passed up a VA job...

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Good, it's nice that you can have a home life, it gives more time to work on the T.
    Which I am. I'm moving the center divider back to give me more front seat room. I also hope to put new front and rear suspension on it, and replace the TH350 transmission with a 700R4.

    But I only have 3 months before our Nationals in Sierra Vista, AZ, and I am at a point where I am going to have to repain the body, due to the work I've done.

    The Front Royal operation delivers up in your neck of the woods, by the way.

Similar Threads

  1. Your Car Passed...
    By Eric in forum Car Care & Repair
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM
  2. Passed a pair of Clovers today...
    By Eric in forum The Daily Clover
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 04:09 AM
  3. Ferrari passed by mustang
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 01:05 PM
  4. Col. Tibbets has passed away
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
  5. Gas gouging law passed
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •