Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: License Plate Scanner

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: License Plate Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>Very glad you didn't leave any sooty burn marks on the walls.<<

We had a few IPs who had done a tour in B-26s over in Korea -- they would sometimes loosen up and have some real fun!
    You guys are getting me excited....!

I love airplanes; sometimes wish I had gone for it and signd up for ROTC and tried to get into a flight suit... but I was never good with authority figures and the thought of signing my ass off to the military for a few years kept me from doing it.... and here I am, clicking away on my keyboard instead!

D_E_Davis

We had a few IPs who had done a tour in B-26s over in Korea -- they would sometimes loosen up and have some real fun!
    "Flat-hatting", the Navy called it. The Korean government was forever fielding complaints from fisherfolk whose boat got capsized by a very-low flying B-26.

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    "Flat-hatting", the Navy called it. The Korean government was forever fielding complaints from fisherfolk whose boat got capsized by a very-low flying B-26.
    What were you doing--attempting to tie the record for flying low?

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by pgranzeau
    What were you doing--attempting to tie the record for flying low?
    At the time it was considered "good clean fun". It served a double purpose of demonstrating that the UN forces could nearly as obnoxious as the ChiComs.

>>Flat-hatting", the Navy called it. The Korean government was forever fielding complaints from fisherfolk whose boat got capsized by a very-low flying B-26.<<

I am not guilty except in the movies I took of blowing over a couple of sailboats off the west Coast by K-8-- If you couldn't do a blowover at 400 indicated, you were chicken!
    It was all level flight till you popped the column back & quickly foward--- Just a fast bump--

>>You guys are getting me excited....! <<

Good!

>>I love airplanes; sometimes wish I had gone for it and signd up for ROTC and tried to get into a flight suit... but I was never good with authority figures and the thought of signing my ass off to the military for a few years kept me from doing it.... and here I am, clicking away on my keyboard instead! <<

Authority figures were there to take the heat when things really got out of hand. Most of the time we were allowed to do anything within reason in TAC-- Then I was assigned to SAC when I came home from the Far East after 19 months of fun--
    Flying a plane, when I was going to aircraft mechanics school was a dream-- Some USAF recruiter came to our school about 3 months before graduation and gave us all a sales pitch on joining the AirForce and going to Aviation Cadet School. Hell, we were gonna be drafted into the army anyway, so I signed up along with 14 other classmates. We all made the grade and became Officers and Gentlemen (by decree) and got our wings. I was more surprised that I made it than anyone!
    So, here I was --the brand new gold john with a fresh set of pilot wings! I was indestructible-- a death defying immortal who, at the ripe old age of 20, was given a crew of men and an expensive machine that could cause any enemy a lot of damage. What a hoot!

mrblanche

There is a real problem with any train of thought that would connect what I said in jest to being a serious liberal statement.
    Indians came from Aisia by way of the Aleutian Islands
    Well, that would have been more of a swim than a walk.

The land bridge was north of the Aleutians, but was quite large at one time.

>>Well, that would have been more of a swim than a walk.

The land bridge was north of the Aleutians, but was quite large at one time.<<

I was close---

mrblanche

>>Well, that would have been more of a swim than a walk.

The land bridge was north of the Aleutians, but was quite large at one time.<<

I was close---
    In Alaska, nothing is close!

>>In Alaska, nothing is close!<<

Cold and snow always is----

gail

>>Thanks a lot, Jim, This is a neat site. <<

Some of my bandwagons are deluxe rides!
    Yee Hah