Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: They call this crap news

  1. #1
    gail
    Guest

    They call this crap news

    Lordy me! Here is something besides Rush that tells it like it is:

    http://www.jibjab.com/what_we_call_the_news

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Lordy me! Here is something besides Rush that tells it like it is:

    http://www.jibjab.com/what_we_call_the_news
    That's very funny.

    I do hope that you don't pay any attention to Rush Windbag, he does not tell it like it is, he is no more than a low grade rabble rouser.

  3. #3
    gail
    Guest

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Lordy me! Here is something besides Rush that tells it like it is:

    http://www.jibjab.com/what_we_call_the_news
    That's very funny.

    I do hope that you don't pay any attention to Rush Windbag, he does not tell it like it is, he is no more than a low grade rabble rouser.
    I rarely listen to him, but only because I'm usually not in the right place at the right time to do so. while there are times that i disagree with his accessment of the pollitical area, I am amazed at how often he reflects the opinions that I have already developed and after being battered so often on this thread, it do feel good to have someone to agree with me. However, he is an entertainer, and I do find him entertaining. I do not find any source including FOX NEWS to be accuate all the time. I am am my own woman, and I develop my own opinion sometimes on one side and sometimes on the other, but mostly on the right.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: They call this crap news

    >>I am amazed at how often he reflects the opinions that I have already developed and after being battered so often on this thread, it do feel good to have someone to agree with me. However, he is an entertainer, and I do find him entertaining. I <<

    JibJab is very entertaining because it gets to the point rapidly and humorously. Rush takes an hour to say anything. Here you are being battered again because you like Rush.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    However, he is an entertainer, and I do find him entertaining. I do not find any source including FOX NEWS to be accurate all the time.
    OK, Rush is a very successful entertainer, his 'ideas' are another story, 'simplistic' is a charitable description.

    I have no idea about how one can be sure of accuracy from any news source in any area of importance. There are innocent errors in the best of them.

    I happen to like FOX for the enemies it makes,

  6. #6
    gail
    Guest

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    However, he is an entertainer, and I do find him entertaining. I do not find any source including FOX NEWS to be accurate all the time.
    OK, Rush is a very successful entertainer, his 'ideas' are another story, 'simplistic' is a charitable description.

    I have no idea about how one can be sure of accuracy from any news source in any area of importance. There are innocent errors in the best of them.

    I happen to like FOX for the enemies it makes,
    I do like to get opinions from as many sources as possible. I know that each of us draw our own conclusions, even when we are trying to be impartial, thus making facts into opinions. The other side will do the same.

    For example, motorist's issues: I have my sets of facts, I choose those facts because of my personal experiences. What facts do DOT, state legislator, safety groups wave in front of me is always humorous, because it is their facts that I use. If their studys are only slightly in favor of motorists these groups will go to great lengths to misrepresent them, if their stats are strongly in the favor of motorists than they will say that the study is flawed. We could really be saying the same thing, if they weren't so determined to disprove the facts at hand.

    This is how I see every newspaper, TV news station and even the Internet - they have their own agenda - on both sides - and they are determined to prove their point.

    Old adage: My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts.

  7. #7
    ColleenC1
    Guest

    Re: They call this crap news

    Old adage: My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts.

    Exactly my point with the majority of this group ;D

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: They call this crap news

    >> My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts. <<

    A perfect description of yourself if I've ever heard one!




  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: They call this crap news

    >>My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts.<<

    Well, that applies to everybody at least some of the time.

  10. #10
    gail
    Guest

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >> My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts. <<

    A perfect description of yourself if I've ever heard one!

    Well, since we are hurling insults at one another -- here's my two-cents worth "It takes one to know one."

    There! :P

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: They call this crap news

    >>Well, since we are hurling insults at one another -- here's my two-cents worth "It takes one to know one."<<

    You described yourself in your statement--- I was simply complimenting you on the self description.
    Otherwise, I'm like the umpire at the ball game-- I calls them as I sees them!


  12. #12
    gail
    Guest

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>Well, since we are hurling insults at one another -- here's my two-cents worth "It takes one to know one."<<

    You described yourself in your statement--- I was simply complimenting you on the self description.
    Otherwise, I'm like the umpire at the ball game-- I calls them as I sees them!

    I was describing the news media.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: They call this crap news

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>Well, since we are hurling insults at one another -- here's my two-cents worth "It takes one to know one."<<

    You described yourself in your statement--- I was simply complimenting you on the self description.
    Otherwise, I'm like the umpire at the ball game-- I calls them as I sees them!

    I was describing the news media.

    Around here, you must be specific---

Similar Threads

  1. Annoying crap they put in cars...
    By Eric in forum Technophobia
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
  2. Worst PC Crap I've Heard - From U of MN
    By dBrong in forum What happened to our liberty?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:34 PM
  3. Made in China = CRAP
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
  4. Call it like it is
    By gail in forum Secession Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
  5. I hate this kind of crap....
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •