Thread: OZ Falcon GTHO fetches $AUD680,000

OZ Falcon GTHO fetches $AUD680,000

The guy who bought the last Holden Monaro has paid $AUD680,000 for a 1971 Falcon GTHO Phase 3. It is the highest price paid for an Australian muscle car at auction.

THe GTHO Phase 3 was originally built to race at Bathurst....only 300 were built

Article

Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Re: OZ Falcon GTHO fetches $AUD680,000

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    The guy who bought the last Holden Monaro has paid $AUD680,000 for a 1971 Falcon GTHO Phase 3. It is the highest price paid for an Australian muscle car at auction.

THe GTHO Phase 3 was originally built to race at Bathurst....only 300 were built

Curious thing, 'collectability'!

Similar with stamps and model trains, to a point.... and pottery, jewellery, etc.

Only 300 built huh. There were only 350 VX Calais Internationals built. I'm rich! [cried in a Neggy Seegoon exhaultaion]

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

Curious thing, 'collectability'!

Similar with stamps and model trains, to a point.... and pottery, jewellery, etc.

Only 300 built huh. There were only 350 VX Calais Internationals built. I'm rich! [cried in a Neggy Seegoon exhaultaion]
    ]
    Oh Calais run out.....The name gave Aussies a sense of great pride..... ;D ;D ;D ;D; laughing maniaclally D ;D ;D ;D
    Rex

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Article

I have no frame of reference for this car - but a US GTO (real one, from the late '60s/early '70s) recently sold for about 1 million bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

Article

I have no frame of reference for this car - but a US GTO (real one, from the late '60s/early '70s) recently sold for about 1 million bucks....

But these are real too! G T H O
    So as to avoid confusion.
    Rex

Article

Ah!

I didn't realize; the nomenclature gotme confused... this is the same basic car "Mad Max" drove, right?

Article

Ah!

I didn't realize; the nomenclature gotme confused... this is the same basic car "Mad Max" drove, right?

Mad Max had a later model ... '74 Falcon 2door from memory...

The model in the article is an earlier XY and they were 4 door. There is a pic of it in the article THey were model years 1970-72
    Rex

Article

Ah!

Mad Max had a later model ... '74 Falcon 2door from memory...

The model in the article is an earlier XY and they were 4 door. There is a pic of it in the article THey were model years 1970-72
    Ah! Thanks for the explanation!