Motor Mouth sure has gotten boring since Eric put a muzzle on me. :-X

Re: BorinG!

>>Motor Mouth sure has gotten boring since Eric put a muzzle on me. <<

Waddya wanna do, start WW III?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Depends what your definition of "boring" is!

I'm interested in discussing cars, bikes, tickets, dumb laws (and good ones) affecting motorists, etc. But I'm bored to death by harangues about The Chimp - and utterly uninterested in religious blather.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Depends what your definition of "boring" is!

I'm interested in discussing cars, bikes, tickets, dumb laws (and good ones) affecting motorists, etc. But I'm bored to death by harangues about The Chimp - and utterly uninterested in religious blather.
    Eric...the Chimp won a round today..... Our David Hicks pleaded guilty..... that was after the judge yesterday barred his civilian lawyers

The military Judge also continued his wankfest by disapproving of Hicks dress in the court (prison garb) ....said he should have worn a suit.

The shame of it is that I doubt we will get the full story........ torture etc.. that goes on in Guantanamo Bay.
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1

The shame of it is that I doubt we will get the full story........ torture etc.. that goes on in Guantanamo Bay.
    Au contraire, we will get hundreds of stories but never the truth that not being in the interest of either captor or prisoner.

mrblanche

Eric...the Chimp won a round today..... Our David Hicks pleaded guilty..... that was after the judge yesterday barred his civilian lawyers

The military Judge also continued his wankfest by disapproving of Hicks dress in the court (prison garb) ....said he should have worn a suit.

Did it occur to you that he may have pleaded guilty, because he was? At any rate, I understand Australia is going to get him back shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche

Did it occur to you that he may have pleaded guilty, because he was? At any rate, I understand Australia is going to get him back shortly.

He may have been, but it more likely he just wants out of Gulag Guantanamo.
    Rex

gail

Quote Originally Posted by jdm

Au contraire, we will get hundreds of stories but never the truth that not being in the interest of either captor or prisoner.
    Truth, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Are you quoting William Jefferson Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by jdm

Are you quoting William Jefferson Clinton?
    Get down!! Oh hang on...WJC probably said that ;D ;D

I'll just go back to posting pics of old cars
    Rex

>>Truth, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.<<

You spelled 'BEERHOLDER" wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>Truth, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.<<

You spelled 'BEERHOLDER" wrong!
    Now that's more like it.......and in keeping with forum decorum
    Rex

>>Now that's more like it.......and in keeping with forum decorum <<

Gotta keep our standards up!

DonTom

Eric,

Under motormouth it says:

"Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board."

And religious nonsense as well as Gail's other nonsense well falls into that " Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.", IMAO.

So I am on Gail's side on this. If you don't like her nonsense, don't read it.

Or at least change your

"Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board."

To something such as :

"You may only discuss what I want discussed here!"

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."
    --Voltaire

"Liberty is the right to tell people what they do NOT wish to hear"
    - --George Orwell

-Don Quoteman

I agree, it needs to be changed.

Things got out of hand, on two levels.

One, I don't mind the occasional diversion - topics unrelated to anything having to do with the purpose of this web site, such as religion and politics. However, it was getting to the point that such topics were dominating the discussion. I got sick of spending my time dealing with it - and my impression is that the majority of people here would rather talk about cars, bikes, etc. (If I'm in error on that, guys - and gals - let me know.) I just don't see the point in having a web site ostensibly devoted to vehicles, etc. that has posts of a primarily political/religious nature. There are countless other sites available for that kind of thing.

Two, Gail was the primary "initiator" of the political/religious posts - but she's not just a member of the forum, she's here in an official capacity as our Ticket Mistress/advice giver. I believe her going off on religious/political rants undermined her credibility - and the site's too.

DonTom

But I'm bored to death by harangues about The Chimp - and utterly uninterested in religious blather.

Then, like I said, don't fully read it, because:

"The man who lets himself be bored is even more contemptible than the bore."
    --Samuel Butler

-Don Quoteman (Reno, NV)

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    But I'm bored to death by harangues about The Chimp - and utterly uninterested in religious blather.

Then, like I said, don't fully read it, because:

"The man who lets himself be bored is even more contemptible than the bore."
    --Samuel Butler

-Don Quoteman (Reno, NV)
    The thing is, I don't want to spend time on it - and I feel that I have to respond to idiotic drivel such as has been posted here before. But my time is limited - and I prefer not to waste it on crap such as the "virgin birth" and the scrumptiousness of The Chimp. Occasionally, ok. Just not all the time - and it had been getting out of hand, embroiling everyone in the discussion - and taking away from discussion of the things this site's here for.

mrblanche

Not to throw oil on the fire or anything...(well, OK, maybe it is)...but I see your boy Webb got himself in hot water this weekend.

DonTom

"Two, Gail was the primary "initiator" of the political/religious posts - but she's not just a member of the forum, she's here in an official capacity as our Ticket Mistress/advice giver. I believe her going off on religious/political rants undermined her credibility - and the site's too."

Well, I wondered too if that might be one of your reasons. However, if she can do both and leave her nonsense out of her main section (traffic tickets), I don't see any real problem. I mean even a religious nut can be very good at his/her job.

"(If I'm in error on that, guys - and gals - let me know.)"

Well, if this is a demoracy and the most votes win, I favor letting Gail discuss her silly ridiculous nonsense here.

How do others here feel about it? We know Gail votes for herself too, so the vote count now is two to one and you're losing two to one at this point!

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Not to throw oil on the fire or anything...(well, OK, maybe it is)...but I see your boy Webb got himself in hot water this weekend.
    As I understand it, it wasn't Webb. He gave a handgun to an aide, who forgot he had it in his possession. Pretty harmless stuff. I have no problem with responsible citizens carrying concealed weapons. In fact, I consider it a civic virtue.