Thread: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe & Sedan

AlmostFamous

2008 Honda Accord Coupe & Sedan

What do you guys think? I think the couple looks alright, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. The Sedan looks like ass. Only thing is, with both of these vehicles, they have no identity to speak of. There's nothing unique, like they took styling cues from every car manufacturer.

Say hello to the first naked shots of the 2008 Honda Accord. Although Honda is still doing long-lead press reviews of the 15-year leader in US sales, Brenda Priddy's spies captured the 2008 Accord just as it stepped out of its fascia-obscuring sports bra and into a photo shoot for a Canadian brochure. Here's what we know. Obviously, expect the new model to sport some serious frontal design changes. That new look's being eclipsed in the marketing materials only by the Honda's comments about the Accord's higher horsepower, better fuel economy and lower emissions for the V6-powered model. Although there's no word from Honda, we're anticipating a 3.5-liter V6 with about 270-horsepower, as well as the base 180-horsepower 2.4-liter four-cylinder version.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/08accordspy/2082188

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe & Sedan

"What do you guys think? I think the couple looks alright, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. The Sedan looks like ass. Only thing is, with both of these vehicles, they have no identity to speak of. There's nothing unique, like they took styling cues from every car manufacturer."

Well, Honda is known for conservative styling - and that has worked for them, generally. I agree the cars are pretty vanilla - but this apaprently doesn't bother the people who buy them!

PS - I see a copyright on the photos you posted; I don't think we have permission to use Brenda's material here -(unless you got it from her!) so let's put the kibosh on using unauthorized pics. Thanks for your understanding...

Accord styling seems to alternate between bland and weird when they skip generations. The present model is rather weird, so they're due for a bland one.

AlmostFamous

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    PS - I see a copyright on the photos you posted; I don't think we have permission to use Brenda's material here -(unless you got it from her!) so let's put the kibosh on using unauthorized pics. Thanks for your understanding...

That's fine. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Although, http://jalopnik.com did get permission to use the pictures that the owner took. Japopnik allows its use of stories as long as you provide the original link.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostFamous
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

That's fine. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Although, http://jalopnik.com did get permission to use the pictures that the owner took. Japopnik allows its use of stories as long as you provide the original link.
    Thanks!

Just want to avoid any issues with people getting mad about us using material without permission or compensation; it's happened to me, too - so I know what it's like and I know I get mad when it does. 'Nuff said - thanks

XRocketman1967

Honda makes GREAT drive trains(engine & transmissions)good ergonomics(inside cabin)but their body designers are really armatures when it comes to making a body style that is eye catching....curb appeal.
    It's like they have lost their way(s)when it comes to this very important make it or break it test.

Looks like a Camry with a Honda grille.

Honda has a habit of alternating the license plate position with each new model.

Looks like the license plate is below the bumper again.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala