Thread: Geez Eric wouldn't want to live in your state

ColleenC2

Geez Eric wouldn't want to live in your state

Beginning Sunday, Virginia is adding new civil charges to traffic fines. They range from $750 to $3,000 and will be added to existing fines and court costs. The civil penalty for going 20 mph over the speed limit will be $1,050, plus $61 in court costs and a fine that is typically about $200.

Wow, all this for new road construction and maintaining the roads. Better be careful when travelling through Virginia, I guess you can thank your Democratic Governor for that one

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Geez Eric wouldn't want to live in your state

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    Beginning Sunday, Virginia is adding new civil charges to traffic fines. They range from $750 to $3,000 and will be added to existing fines and court costs. The civil penalty for going 20 mph over the speed limit will be $1,050, plus $61 in court costs and a fine that is typically about $200.

Wow, all this for new road construction and maintaining the roads. Better be careful when travelling through Virginia, I guess you can thank your Democratic Governor for that one
    It is really incredible - and I wonder whether there will be enough of an uproar to get it rescinded. I hope so. Speaking for myself - and probably many others - there is now a real icentiv to attempt to elude the cops. I wonder whether the idiots who pushed this bill realize that... and the consequences for public safety?