Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

    600 jobs will go wehn Ford closes it's Gelong engine plant in 2010

    The flow on effect is said to be 1800 jobs

    Gellon manufactures the inline 6 cylinder motor but this will not meet emission standards in the future

    The Duratec V6 engine will be imported for Falcons, and Ford Territory


    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...6-1243,00.html
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1

    Gellon manufactures the inline 6 cylinder motor but this will not meet emission standards in the future

    The Duratec V6 engine will be imported for Falcons, and Ford Territory
    Not all clear, is it the engines which the plant cannot upgrade or is the plant, itself, the polluter?

    Whatever happens, I'm sure that Oz will continue to produce excellent vehicles appropriate to its needs, one hopew, appropriate the wants or those qt the margin.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Kwozzie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Not all clear, is it the engines which the plant cannot upgrade or is the plant, itself, the polluter?

    Whatever happens, I'm sure that Oz will continue to produce excellent vehicles appropriate to its needs, one hopew, appropriate the wants or those qt the margin.
    From memory, I understand the engines won't meet the Euro4 specifications
    Not sure if the plant is a poluter also
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwozzie1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Not all clear, is it the engines which the plant cannot upgrade or is the plant, itself, the polluter?

    Whatever happens, I'm sure that Oz will continue to produce excellent vehicles appropriate to its needs, one hopew, appropriate the wants or those qt the margin.
    From memory, I understand the engines won't meet the Euro4 specifications
    Not sure if the plant is a poluter also
    Then they are saying that it is no longer economic to try to do and in plant engine redesign. Plants are being shut right and left ion the US, too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: FORD to close Engine Plant Geelong VIC Australia

    You'd think a new head design that would bolt onto the old block wouldn't be too difficult.

Similar Threads

  1. Ford Mondeo - Australia
    By Kwozzie1 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
  3. Honda Aero to build jet engine plant in NC
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 07:57 PM
  4. Honda engine plant produces 15 millionth motor
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 01:35 PM
  5. Ford Fairlane ZG - Australia
    By Kwozzie1 in forum Classic Car Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •