Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Engine meltdown disaster

mrblanche

Re: Engine meltdown disaster

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    Isn't the Sprinter a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel? I was under the impression that its range of usefulness is pretty much limited to in-down delivery.
    I think you're right, currently.

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_439352/tm.htm

DonTom

"Isn't the Sprinter a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel? "

Looked rather impressive, until I saw they wanted more than 100K for what looks like a van conversion.

"I was under the impression that its range of usefulness is pretty much limited to in-down delivery."

Why? Because of the small engine size?

-Don-

Quote Originally Posted by DonTom
    "Isn't the Sprinter a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel? "

Looked rather impressive, until I saw they wanted more than 100K for what looks like a van conversion.

"I was under the impression that its range of usefulness is pretty much limited to in-down delivery."

Why? Because of the small engine size?

-Don-

I'm sure that not all the Sprinter conversions are that expensive. But is it a Mercedes-Benz...

Small engine size is not necessarily a deterrent, if the vehicle is small and light too. But if it weighs as much as any other van, then one would think that if a 6.5 liter V8 can be run to death in an RV, a 2.5 liter engine might be even more overworked...

DonTom

"Small engine size is not necessarily a deterrent, if the vehicle is small and light too."

What I am hoping to find is a large powerful (even if fuel sucking) engine in a rather small size RV, about 25 feet or a bit less. I don't care too much about the MPG but I want the thing to move up the hills without too much effort.

BTW, today I signed off the pink slip on the RV and delivered it in person. I now officially no longer own that thing. Bob said he will most likely crush it at the place next door to him, after removing the thousand dollars worth of new tires and getting the hundred and fifty bucks worth of fresh gasoline out of it. Looks like all the MPFI stuff will be crushed too, as few are looking for such stuff these days. He doesn't think he will find any of the parts to be useful, in that old thing.

I think I forgot to mention that the meltdown happened perhaps 20 miles after it was filled top 55 gallons. Seems that thing was trying to rip me off in every way possible!

-Don- (Reno)