Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

ColleenC2

Global Warming

1975 Newsweek article on global cooling.
    Newsweek ^ | April 28, 1975

Global warming is a HOAX, I don't know why I remembered that when I was in college the big "hoopla" over global cooling
    it seems to me that since "global cooling" didn't catch the "people of the world" maybe "global warming" will

Idiots who believe in this crap!!1

Just for those people who don't remember and those who want to forget.... google global cooling 1970's

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/661876/posts

Re: Global Warming

Colleen,

Have you seen the documentary - 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'? It was very well done and they covered - the global cooling scare of the 1970s along with the global warming scare today. They used evidence presented by many noted scientists that the sun is the source of climate change not carbon dioxide. And that following the patterns of the warming and cooling of the earth through the last few hundred years has showed that the earth was at its warmest when the sun was hottest showing carbon dioxide to be an after-effect of when the sun is hotter. And that during western world's industrial revolution, the earth cooled because the sun was cooler. As was pointed out in the film, if carbon dioxide causes global warming then the earth should have heated up during the peak of the western world's Industrial Revolution - which it did not it cooled because the sun was cooler.

The entire documentary as it aired on the BBC this year, was on Google Video the last few months suddenly I noticed it is gone. It's a must see, I believe it is coming out on DVD soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020027/

ColleenC2

'The Great Global Warming Swindle'? It was very well done and they covered - the global cooling scare of the 1970s along with the global warming scare today.

No I haven't seen it but sounds very interesting! I believe that when trying to find information that doesn't fit the PC one has to do a lot of searching to find the info -- the search engines seemed to be skewed on what they want you to find and read.

Thanks for the info.

Also, maybe this "melting of the ice" is nothing more than the opposite effect of global cooling.

This process seems logically cyclical and nothing more!

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Have you seen the documentary - 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'? It was very well done and they covered - the global cooling scare of the 1970s along with the global warming scare today. They used evidence presented by many noted scientists that the sun is the source of climate change not carbon dioxide. And that following the patterns of the warming and cooling of the earth through the last few hundred years has showed that the earth was at its warmest when the sun was hottest showing carbon dioxide to be an after-effect of when the sun is hotter. And that during western world's industrial revolution, the earth cooled because the sun was cooler. As was pointed out in the film, if carbon dioxide causes global warming then the earth should have heated up during the peak of the western world's Industrial Revolution - which it did not it cooled because the sun was cooler.
    Wanna drive a global warming believer crazy? Ask if they know what a "Maunder Minimum" is!

ColleenC2

Wanna drive a global warming believer crazy? Ask if they know what a "Maunder Minimum" is!

O.K. but I'm not a global warming believer but what is a "Maunder Minimum", maybe I should know but I don't

What do you people make of the Arctic meltdown this year?

And the well-measured iincrese in sub-antactic ocean temps?

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

Still looking for a change in mean sea level and salinity.

Ain't happenin,' is it?

I know that you're seeking neither grant money nor tenure, why do you persist in this nonsense of global warming?

Colleen,

Concerning the ice caps, it is common knowledge that the ice caps are melting on Mars. Mars is getting slightly warmer yet they have no carbon producing fossil fuels nor carbon producing human or animal life. The only commonality between Mars and Earth is the sun. Which proves the sun controls climate change.

Here's a National Geographic article that says this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

BTW, since the history of the earth, there have been warming trends and cooling trends. Climate change is a part of the Earth's history, seems in the last few years it has gotten warmer because the sun is warmer, in the future it will cool down when the sun cools down.

The main thrust by politicians and people like Al Gore by spreading the lie that climate change is caused by fossil fuels, is to implement a "carbon tax". This would mean the very rich could afford to fly their jets and the very poor will be mowing their lawn with manual clippers. Even if fossil fuels were causing global warming, a carbon tax would not fix the problem. The real key behind the global warming scare is control. This scenario is as old as human existence on this planet, scare the masses and then offer a solution that benefits only the elite while enslaving the masses. Taxing people is a way to control and enslave them, hopefully most people won't fall for this old hat trick.

mrblanche,

Bravo, exactly what I was talking about. The Maunder Minimum flushes a "carbon tax" environmentalist's global warming theories right down the toilet since it proves the sun controls climate change. The Maunder Minimum gave earth what Scientists have called the "little Ice Age":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_minimum

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Well, the fact that "global cooling" was wrong doesn't necessarily invalidate global warming theory - just to make a point of order (and logic)!

As I've posted previously, on a common sense level, I'd tend to believe that the massive outpouring of "greenhouse gasses" (not just CO2 but also water vapor) that has been taking place (and increasing exponentially) since the 1940s (remember, China and the other large developing countries are adding the equivalent of another United States - or even two - in terms of their contributions, etc.) is having some deleterious effect. Also the increase in "heat sinks" caused/created by paving over/concreting former green areas.

And on a deeper level, I have trouble accepting the claim that so many of the world's climate scientists are peddling what they must know (if the "hoax" argument is correct) is specious propaganda.

Again (and to be very clear): I not saying I "buy" the entire argument - especially the worst case apocalyptic scenarios, etc. But I'm not comfortable dismissing the whole thing, either.

It's unfortunate there's so much political manipulation (both sides of the aisle) because it is a serious issue - and we should have access to the facts (and science) and decide accordingly.

The entire documentary as it aired on the BBC this year, was on Google Video the last few months suddenly I noticed it is gone. It's a must see, I believe it is coming out on DVD soon.
    See:

http://www.ericpetersautos.com/forum...p?topic=2060.0

Just for the record, it was shown on Channel Four, not the BBC.

ColleenC2

Hey Mike and Pete, I have another question? I heard the other day that NASA has not found any change in the atmospheric temps so if the sun is controlling the temps than why would there be no atmospheric change in temps.

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

When I see ships sailing the supposed "Northern Passage," I'll believe it's actually that much less. I know that on the photos I've seen of the supposed melt, the photos showed a possible passage...but they admitted that it wasn't actually passable. And the weather up there has now turned and is getting colder for this year. The Canadians are very excited; they believe they have huge oil reserves up there.

But there are reputable clilmatologists and meteorologists who believe the source of the heating is a warm-up of the sun, and not due to the CO2 levels.

And I still say conservation is a good idea.

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    Hey Mike and Pete, I have another question? I heard the other day that NASA has not found any change in the atmospheric temps so if the sun is controlling the temps than why would there be no atmospheric change in temps.
    There have been many who laughed in my face when I pointed out that 1934 was actually our hottest year on record. If you look around here, you'll see a news item where that fact was actually admitted to a couple of weeks ago.

A few facts remain salient.

1. Almost all of the heating took place before 1950.

2. We have had no detectable (by temperature) warming since 1998.

3. Conservation is still a good idea, and a good old-fashioned Conservative value.

<>

You done broke the code.

There may or may not be global warming. There may or may not be human causes. What is for SURE is that certain politicians and activists are hell-bent on using global warming to control more and more aspects of our lives. "Fixing" global warming, if even possible, is secondary. Taxing, and controlling is the primary goal.

I am always amazed at the arrogance of people who assume that the climate we have NOW is the ideal climate and that any variance, cooler or warmer, is a deviation form the ideal. Ideal for whom? and where? A warmer planet may cause some distress in certain geographic areas, but be a benefit in others. And if you see the "Great Global Warming Swindle" it becomes clear that most of the proposed "solutions" will be hardest on the poorest countries and populations.
    A man's greatest mistake is to think he is working for somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    Colleen,

Do you have a link to a NASA document that states this? I can't find anything on the Internet concerning NASA saying there was no change.

Dave Brand,

Thanks for the correction - about it being channel 4 where the documentary aired.

Eric,

Scientific evidence has proven the earth goes through trends where it cools and warms, it never stays the same its in constant flux. You are right, there is man made pollution and it is not good, however it is not the main factor of climate change. The sun controls the earth's climate, and when it's hotter it heats up the earth when it cools the earth also cools. I agree, conservation is best for everyone, this big business/developer attitude of pave the whole country in concrete is not good.

ColleenC2

Do you have a link to a NASA document that states this? I can't find anything on the Internet concerning NASA saying there was no change.

No Pete, but I think that I recorded the discussion - it was pretty interesting, if so I will see what info I can get who said it, I will also try to see if I can find something on the internet

Colleen,

Thanks... I apprecate you finding out the specifics for me.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jdm

Still looking for a change in mean sea level and salinity.

Ain't happenin,' is it?

I know that you're seeking neither grant money nor tenure, why do you persist in this nonsense of global warming?
    Typical!

Looking for instant gratification, as ever... and looking for fraud, graft and corruption. Few of the scientists in this part of the world are, as far as I can judge, bent by 'tenure' etc.

My feeling that there is actual warming over the last 50-100 years is based on temperature measures in the engine-house of world weather, southern oceans, together with changes in polar ice and alpine conditions. I realize that statitics especially from urban sources are unreliable.

We are talking enough latent heat in southern oceans to expect, at least, volatility.

If you want to see religious-style truth, with wicked vs good, well, keep it to yourselves up there and you'll git your floods and famines, pestilences and plagues, and you can carry on drivin your SUVs into the sunset, guns blazin...prayin to the good Lord

CO2 may be a factor, but if you want your proof in black and white , well, that's far too American for climate science.

robmcg,

I guess all the SUVs are melting the ice caps on Mars too?

robmcg,

I guess all the SUVs are melting the ice caps on Mars too?
    A lot of independent US climate scientists accept that we currently have warming, including volatility, melting of both ice-caps [and warmer core and ambient] and greenhouse gases don't help.

SUVs are an abomination not because of fuel-use so much as that they they are an aesthetic horror... mind you Americans prefer good guy-bad guy, religious certainty, and the faith, so what's the point of arguing?

Time you ditched your Constitution 1st and 2nd in particular, too.

Should you require more guidance, a little more respect would be in order.