Thread: Iran's miracle

mrblanche

Iran's miracle

Don is going to be very surprised to return to find that Iran has worked a miracle somehow, and has no homosexuals.

ColleenC2

Re: Iran's miracle

What miracle it is called "public hangings"!

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    What miracle it is called "public hangings"!
    Yes, but you'll note he didn't say that. He said homosexuality doesn't exist in Iran, not that they wiped it out.

Just like there was no starvation in the Soviet Union under Stalin & Krushchev.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

mrblanche

He also said that women in Iran are some of the most liberated and respected in the world, he doesn't fund terrorism, and his nuclear program is entirely peaceful.

ColleenC2

He also said that women in Iran are some of the most liberated and respected in the world, he doesn't fund terrorism, and his nuclear program is entirely peaceful.

If I heard correctly he also elaborated that women are "some of the most liberated and respected in the world" because they have no legal respnsiblilities their husbands have ALL the legal responsibilities. WOW!!! We women should all have that as our goals.

No legal rights to property, our children, or finances!!!

mrblanche

The scariest part of his speech was actually the opening.

"Oh, God, hasten the arrival of Imam al-Mahdi and grant him good health and victory and make us his followers and those to attest to his rightfulness."

If you understand the basis of this prayer, it should scare you spitless.

ColleenC2

The scariest part of his speech was actually the opening.

Absolutely, wasn't too sure if anyone else picked up on that because none of the talking heads spoke about that part of his speech, he truly believes that "Allah" sent him to America to start the mission of conversion so that the "12th Imam" can return.

Ahh, there's his ulterior motive for coming here. I've been looking for it.

By coming here, and giving that speech, he hopes to convince Muslims worldwide that he is the one that started our great conversion to his religion. So his name is the one that will end up in the history books.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

ColleenC2

I don't know if he wants his name in the History books, I think that he probably thinks that he will be right "up there" with Prophet Mohammad!

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    I don't know if he wants his name in the History books, I think that he probably thinks that he will be right "up there" with Prophet Mohammad!
    I'm sure the proper arrangements could be made for him to join the Prophet, wherever he is currently.

ColleenC2

I'm sure the proper arrangements could be made for him to join the Prophet, wherever he is currently.

LOL!!

I just can't figure out why those arrangements have not already taken place. It's not like we have never done that before

mrblanche

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    Ahh, there's his ulterior motive for coming here. I've been looking for it.

By coming here, and giving that speech, he hopes to convince Muslims worldwide that he is the one that started our great conversion to his religion. So his name is the one that will end up in the history books.

Chip H.
    Actually, the belief is that the whole world must be at war before the 12th Imam can come and bring peace and victory. He believes, according to his own speeches, that by bringing war to the world in the next couple of years that he is doing Allah's bidding.

ColleenC2

Actually, the belief is that the whole world must be at war before the 12th Imam can come and bring peace and victory

Well actually ;D, you are partially correct, because the whole world must be made ready through the conversion of Islam. Even if it means war and the killing of the infidels.

Did you hear his speech this afternoon to the UN General Assembly. Sounds like through his last statements we don't have to much time before he takes action

Did he bang his shoe on the rostrum?

While the Iranian leader's statements are rather ludicrous, and scary if they are actually acted-upon, they are not far different from Western Learders' views of about 100yrs ago.

mrblanche

Can you find a western leader who has ever said, "We need to start a world war so the Messiah will return?"

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Can you find a western leader who has ever said, "We need to start a world war so the Messiah will return?"
    Well, a long time ago (1000+ years) the Christians were saying something not very dissimilar while Islam marched to the west. Or, maybe it was a defensive posture, one can argue either way.

Every lasting holy writ can be seen in terms of what one wishes to see, else it wouldn't be lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche
    Not recently.

The best answer to Iranians who launch an attack is certainty of defeat. Not all Iranians want to attack the West. I don't know how widespread the religious angle is; those who advocate war against Israel or the West appear to me to be callous evil nutters. Equally I'm not sure about Iranian leader's actual intent... it may be to appease his religious nutter voting-base.

US presidential candidates have to appease voters too, although not with threats of war against the East; more, "we are the greatest country on earth" stuff... and "in God we trust"...

mrblanche

I think the Iranian President reflect less the people than the mullahs who actually control the voting process there.

There are a number of Americans who were held hostage there who would probably strangle him, if they could get hold of him.