Thread: WW1 Passchendaele

WW1 Passchendaele

For a little more on this worst single day in NZ military history;

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/war/new-.../passchendaele

with respect for Australians and Canadians who eventually took the village...

Re: WW1 Passchendaele

I would like to ask something which should be within the ambit of your expertise:

How does one go about eating Kiwi fruit? I've had it peeled and sliced both in the horizontal and the vertical but surely there must be a better way.

Does anyone treat them as soft boiled eggs, that is, slice off the top and dig in with a spoon?

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    How does one go about eating Kiwi fruit?
    You're asking the wrong person. That "Kiwi fruit" is a EnZed marketing ploy to hide the real appellation, which is "Chinese gooseberry", and to divert the sales revenue from the poor starving Chinese to the bloated plutocrats in Christchurch.

Best you find a Chinese native and ask him.

How does one go about eating Kiwi fruit? I've had it peeled and sliced both in the horizontal and the vertical but surely there must be a better way.

Does anyone treat them as soft boiled eggs, that is, slice off the top and dig in with a spoon?
    Slice in half sideways and squeeze the half-orb into mouth. Works best with ripe fruit.

Otherwise similar cut and teaspoon.

Dennis is right. They are Chinese Gooseberries. That's what we called them until some US-influenced market specialiasts took over...

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    How does one go about eating Kiwi fruit?
    You're asking the wrong person. That "Kiwi fruit" is a EnZed marketing ploy to hide the real appellation, which is "Chinese gooseberry", and to divert the sales revenue from the poor starving Chinese to the bloated plutocrats in Christchurch.

Best you find a Chinese native and ask him.

I know a lot of native Chinese and will ask at the next opportunity.