Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist - Beautiful Young Woman in Search of Man... and The Response

Craigslist - Beautiful Young Woman in Search of Man... and The Response

THIS RECENTLY APPEARED ON CRAIG'S LIST

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York . I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they
    hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER (from a Craigslist reader)

Dear Pers-431649184:
    I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump." I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Craigslist - Beautiful Young Woman in Search of Man... and The Response

Excellent!

There is a lot of that going around... .

The guy makes good sense; for the money, far better to rent than buy!

ColleenC2

I think so too. This woman is stupid.

>>The guy makes good sense; for the money, far better to rent than buy! <<

I worked for a guy years ago who always said---,"If it floats, flys, or F*%$s, Lease it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>The guy makes good sense; for the money, far better to rent than buy! <<

I worked for a guy years ago who always said---,"If it floats, flys, or F*%$s, Lease it!"
    Amen!

Good to see you around again, by the way... hope all's been ok?

>>Good to see you around again, by the way... hope all's been ok? <<

All is well now-- I spent 4 days in the hospital with 3 ulcers caused by Aleve-- and the worst part was the burst blood vessel -- It took 8 units of blood to get me back to a normal count.
    Modern technology went into my stomache through my mouth-- found all the trouble and cauterized the problem. I'd hat to have had this 20-30 years ago--- before the invention of the fuel injected mini-van! ;D

All is well now-- I spent 4 days in the hospital with 3 ulcers caused by Aleve-- and the worst part was the burst blood vessel -- It took 8 units of blood to get me back to a normal count.
    Modern technology went into my stomache through my mouth-- found all the trouble and cauterized the problem. I'd hat to have had this 20-30 years ago--- before the invention of the fuel injected mini-van! ;D
    That sounds scary, glad you're back in one piece.

>>That sounds scary,<<

You have no idea how scary it can get when you are too weak to stand and are sweating gallons of water--- I was too weak to even get to the car for my wife to drive me to the E-room--- had to call EMS. Anyway, I am very happy to be back-- thanks!

Crikey... sorry to hear about that; but glad you've pulled out ok... is Aleve like Tylenol or is it something else entirely? (I pretty much use Goodys pwder or bayer aspirin...)

>>is Aleve like Tylenol <<

Aleve will eat your stomache up--- Tylenon OTOH, takes out your liver when you OD---

>>is Aleve like Tylenol <<

Aleve will eat your stomache up--- Tylenon OTOH, takes out your liver when you OD---
    Any of the NSAID pills (Aleve, aspirin, ibuprofin, etc.) are potential stomach wreckers, it all depends on the individual.

ColleenC2

Wow Jim, glad to hear that you are o.k., thanks for the info, I just read your comments to my son who takes at least 6 to 8 tablets a day, we keep telling him that he is taking too many, maybe he will listen to your story, as he thinks nothing will happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    Wow Jim, glad to hear that you are o.k., thanks for the info, I just read your comments to my son who takes at least 6 to 8 tablets a day, we keep telling him that he is taking too many, maybe he will listen to your story, as he thinks nothing will happen to him.
    Crikey!

Why does he take so many?

PS - Good to see you back!

ColleenC2

He has scoliosis and he says that his back hurts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC2
    He has scoliosis and he says that his back hurts.

Thanks
    Get him into the gym. Supporting that spine with some serious muscle strength will do a world of good for his condition.

mrblanche

Isn't aleve supposed to be something like two tablets per day?

Kid should see a doctor and get a scrip for pain meds. Tramodol seems to be good with back pain.

>>I just read your comments to my son who takes at least 6 to 8 tablets a day, we keep telling him that he is taking too many, maybe he will listen to your story, as he thinks nothing will happen to him.<<

It easy to get hooked-- I never hardly ever even took asprin. Then came the knee pain and the hip pain and gee, an Aleve would make it go away for half a day. So, I started taking one Aleve each AM and another at bedtime to help me sleep--- Then I had a skin lesion removed and the Dr gave me some anti-biotic that set me off with flue like symptoms. I called him and his nurse said to take as many as 3 Aleve to reduce the 103 degree fever. Well, it was all down hill from there. It took 10 days and I was on the gurney at the E-room.
    Tell your son that a little pain is good for him. It will make him appreciate the days he has none. That's my program now. Being that sick simply sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    Kid should see a doctor and get a scrip for pain meds. Tramodol seems to be good with back pain.
    My sciatic nerve makes its presence known occasionally and none of the OTC stuff does a bit of good. Hydrocodone does the job but I'd rather live with the hurt than the baggage the dope carries.

Maybe physical therapy would be the answer?

>>Hydrocodone does the job but I'd rather live with the hurt than the baggage the dope carries.

Maybe physical therapy would be the answer?<<

The Dr. who stitched up my leg wound a couple of months ago gave me some of that and I never took any. Years ago, when I had some back trouble from sitting in those station wagons that Eric loves, a Dr. gave me something that made me feel like I was floating around the room-- Bad feeling-- I never took anymore after the first pill and have avoided all forms of it since.
    I found the best thing for the back problem was to have my wife walk on the spine--- It always popped things back into place and the pain would leave after a few hours. (Probably from fear of another walk) :