Thread: And another with just 38k on it.. $3,500!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

And another with just 38k on it.. $3,500!

Here's what appears to be a really sharp GT V-6 with really low mileage; bid is at $3,500.... man, these things are dirt cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

Re: And another with just 38k on it.. $3,500!

Eric,

Darn I am getting withdrawls..... I owned a gold '86 Fiero SE 2M6 (4-speed) which was essentually a '85 GT with SE badges, the GT came out mide 1986 with the new roof-line and new rear design - so the SE got the '85 GT's body. I miss that car very much, it would do a burnout like an old muscle car, handled like it was on rails, and was a very comfortable car. I want another one... ;D

And it was 100% resistent to parking lot dings. A rock the size of a golf ball fell of a dump truck and bounced so hard on my hood it went over the entire car - and it did not even leave a dent, scratch, or mark. Talk about state of the art, GM really blew it when they cancelled this car. The recent introduction of the another Pontiac 2-seater, proved they should have kept the Fiero. GM back then was a penny wise and pound foolish.

mrblanche

I have seen (and posted here!) Fieros with almost no mileage on them, going for a price that wouldn't be a down payment on a new car. I saw one that had been in a garage its whole life, had less than 5,000 miles on it, and it went for something like $6,000.

I wish that were the case with the '88 GT and Formulas, they are skyrocketing in price.

Here's a piece of my other Fiero post:

Actually getting your hands on an '88 GT or Formula Fiero in mint condition will cost between $10,000 to $15,000 now. So the prices are going up.

Here's a very low mileage 1988 Fiero Formula for sale for $13,999:

http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...e-13999/tp-DLR

Here's a 1988 GT for sale for $11,495:

http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...e-11495/tp-DLR

Remember the '88 GT and Formula had Lotus tuned suspensions... The '88 GT and Formulas bar-none were the best Fieros ever produced, and their resale prices show this fact.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    I wish that were the case with the '88 GT and Formulas, they are skyrocketing in price.

Here's a piece of my other Fiero post:

Actually getting your hands on an '88 GT or Formula Fiero in mint condition will cost between $10,000 to $15,000 now. So the prices are going up.

Here's a very low mileage 1988 Fiero Formula for sale for $13,999:

http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...e-13999/tp-DLR

Here's a 1988 GT for sale for $11,495:

http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...e-11495/tp-DLR

Remember the '88 GT and Formula had Lotus tuned suspensions... The '88 GT and Formulas bar-none were the best Fieros ever produced, and their resale prices show this fact.

A Fiero ( four or six) and a VW Thing are te cars I ought to snap up before they get silly expensive... too manycars, not enough time!

mrblanche

Of course, the secret to collecting is to buy when the prices are way down. I pointed out some good deals months ago; sounds like those cars have gone way up in value in just that short time.

Forget about buying a $30,000 1950's Fender guitar. Buy a 1970's Ibanez today for less than $1,000, and hold it for a while.

mrblance,

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by mrblanche

Forget about buying a $30,000 1950's Fender guitar. Buy a 1970's Ibanez today for less than $1,000, and hold it for a while.
    Some Ibanez guitars may appreciate in the future, particularly the "lawsuit" models, but they'll never attain the silly-money status of '50s Fenders and Gibsons. There are just too many of them, they're not rare enough.

mrblanche

Well, there are some rare versions, and they bring in the high four figures. And, unlike Fender, there was a lot of variety. But an amateur would be well-advised to stay out; it's easy to buy one that looks almost exactly like a valuable one, but just be run of the mill.