2008 Dodge Challenger - a Sneak Peak

By Pete Dunton

http://www.ericpetersautos.com/home/...9&Itemid=10817

As promised by yesterday's press release from Chrysler, LLC - Orders Flood In for Dodge Challenger SRT8, Dodge has just released five sneak peak photos of the soon to be released Challenger.

The upcoming Dodge Challenger is in my estimation the most anticipated new car release in many years. Even with high gas prices orders have far surpassed what Dodge had anticipated, the car is sure to be a smash success. If you want one of these beauties, better get your order in now. Due to the high demand, there will be a very long wait if you delay - much longer than the other previous SRT8 model releases from Chrysler, LLC. The hot demand will also be sure to boast the "take home price" well over sticker price in some cases, due to some dealers wanting to maximize profits. Some buyers may even have to pay $10,000 or more over sticker price.

From the sneak peak photos of the Dodge Charger SRT8 shown below, it appears that the car is very close to the concept car. One area that looks different than the concept car is the use of flat black accents as was used very well on some Mopar muscle cars from the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Picture #1: Notice how the chrome tipped exhaust is very similar to the concept car, and how the flat black trim around the exhaust tip area is very nicely done.

SEE MAIN LINK ABOVE TO SEE PICTURE

Picture #2: How about that racing style fuel tank cover? It's a great looking retro piece, very similar to the one found on the 1968 to 1970 Charger.

Picture #3: This spoiler is nothing short of a homerun - the flat black color and design are so tastefully done. As you will recall the concept car had no rear spoiler.

Picture #4: The wheels is another area of the production car that looks even better than the Challenger concept car. The wheel design is very sharp and is much more stylish than the attractive wheels of the concept car.

Picture #5: The front end from this picture looks similar to the concept car except for the grille. The grille is a less busy design than the concept car's grille. It has a meaner and much better look than the concept car's split grille.

In conclusion it appears as great looking the Challenger concept car is, the production SRT8 version will be even better. The production Dodge Challenger SRT8 looks almost too good to be true. Somebody pinch me, I think I am dreaming.