Thread: CTS-V Ucovered during track testing.

CTS-V Ucovered during track testing.

STRAIGHTLINEBLOG.COM | After snagging numerous spy photos and videos over the last year, we finally got our hands on these pictures of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V completely uncovered. They reveal a completely revised front end, well integrated hood bulge and a set of massive rotors that look more than capable of hauling it all to a stop. We won?t get the rest of the details until the 2008 Detroit Auto Show in January, but these spy shots should hold you over for now.

Full story and photos: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Looks pretty damn cool to me.
    -Chris
    I live in a van... DOWN BY THE RIVER

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: CTS-V Ucovered during track testing.

The old CTS-V was pretty damn impressive... so whatever's on deck ought to be incredible. And just think: It's only been a few years since Caddy was selling Cateras and starter caskets with vinyl roofs and fake wire wheels!

The only problem the old CTS-V had was the rear end. I know a few people that had their replaced under warranty 5 or 6 times before they ultimately said forget the stocker and upgraded.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l3it3r
    The only problem the old CTS-V had was the rear end. I know a few people that had their replaced under warranty 5 or 6 times before they ultimately said forget the stocker and upgraded.
    Yep.. and I often wonder how long the c-clip axle (stock) in my TA's gonna last! At least it's an automatic - so that helps some. But still.

I really like it! Looks like Cadillac has another winner here.

When the pre-production version of the Pontiac G8 was released, I really liked it's wheels. Unfortunately the production version of the G8 will not have these wheels, and I could not understand it. After seeing the new CTS-V, I now understand. It has the pre-production G8's wheels. ;D

indeed it does! great notice!!

looking good - I always really liked the CTS-V... just had issues with the price/performance compromise
    I know, I know, you get luxury going caddy... but you can get the same performance cheaper elsewhere in GM
    the styling is fantastic though - no doubt
    '06 Lotus Elise, '07 Saturn Sky Redline

The new GM is definitely a car company to watch. They're turning a complete 180 and going in a direction towards success... now if only a certain other American car company would follow suit, and get out from under the rock they've been hiding under (Chrysler). People are demanding quality products that deliver luxury AND performance in a nicely wrapped package.

I'm going to test drive a new CTS and a new Malibu soon just so I can see the big difference.

Chris,

I agree, I said the same thing a few months back on this forum board. The great thing about GM is most of their really great cars are in the process of or soon to be released. The Sigma platform along with their renewed styling renaissance will be what saves GM. GM has consistently had great motors but their styling in the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s was dull. Not to mention GM has been stuck for the last 3 decades with the Roger Smith FWD platform which powered most of GM's bread and butter cars.

GM is back... And Toyota is on its way down (Toyota's styling has gone ultra conservative and quality control is way down from a few years ago). GM is starting to do again what it did years ago, lead the market.