Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choked with people

Staff

Choked with people

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstate/densitymap.htm

Eric is correct. This country is being choked with people. Check click the different years and see how bad it has become.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Choked with people

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat
    http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstate/densitymap.htm

Eric is correct. This country is being choked with people. Check click the different years and see how bad it has become.
    Thanks, swamp...

Anyone with eyes to see knows this is true. Yes, there are still areas of the country that have low population densities - but that doesn't mean this will last, or that most areas that are currently populated have witnessed explosive upticks in growth and development. The illegal alien invasion alone has added at least 10 and perhaps as many as 20 million people in just the past 10 years.

That is a truly staggering statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Anyone with eyes to see knows this is true. Yes, there are still areas of the country that have low population densities - but that doesn't mean this will last, or that most areas that are currently populated have witnessed explosive upticks in growth and development. The illegal alien invasion alone has added at least 10 and perhaps as many as 20 million people in just the past 10 years.

That is a truly staggering statistic.
    Back c1840-1950 America grew great and strong on the backs on immigrants. Mostly 'legal'.

How come aspiring people who want to better in life are now 'illegal'... ?

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

Back c1840-1950 America grew great and strong on the backs on immigrants. Mostly 'legal'.

How come aspiring people who want to better in life are now 'illegal'... ?
    'Cause the sneaked across the border without going through the proper channels, with no paperwork. That makes them illegal.

And considering how hard it is to get into your country, you're one to talk...

robmcg,

Mr. D is correct it's impossible to get into your country. I could spend every year of the remainder of my life trying to get a permanant visa to New Zealand and probably never be successful in gaining entry to live there permanently.

If I were to go to New Zealand on vacation and decide to stay permanently, how long do you think it would before New Zealand immigration officials would round me up and boot me out of the country? Probably within two weeks. And that is New Zealand's right to protect it's borders and keep illegal aliens out of their country which I would be if I decided to stay in your country (illegally) without going through your countries formal process and being approved as a legal immigrant.

"Back c1840-1950 America grew great and strong on the backs on immigrants. Mostly 'legal'.

Well, the country was a lot less populated circa 1840-1950. Around the WWII era, for example, the population was roughly half what it is now. So we've more than doubled the population it took hundreds of years to reach... in just 50 years.

"How come aspiring people who want to better in life are now 'illegal'... ?"

This is a loaded question. The fact that someone "wants a better life" doesn't entitle them to enter your home - or your country. Every nation has the right to both limit who may enter - and who may become a citizen (and under what conditions).

Don't you agree?

As far as "illegal" - well, that's just what they are. Theyhave entered the country in defiance of our immigration laws. People who apply for entry and obtain it lawfully are immigrants. People who ignore/evade those laws and enter the country at will are illegal aliens. By definition.

If not - then why even bother with "countries" - or "citizenship" - at all?

PS - Mr. D. and Pete's points in re the citizenship/immigration requirements of you own country (and others, including Mexico) are well-taken. Why is it that the US must have "open borders" - but other countries may drastically restrict not merely entry of foreign nationals but also what they may do (including, for example, own property or hold a job)?

Staff

Our immigration policies seem to be the equivalent of setting the speed limit at 15 mph on an interstate highway. Sure, a great many people try and comply, but it often takes a dogs age to get U.S. Citizenship status. On the other hand, there are hoards of people crossing the border every day in direct violation of our "laaaawws."

The illegal immigration problem is largely a Mexican one, although many come by boat. The Mexican problem has been due to the Corporatocracy building plants along the border. When former farm workers get there, they realize that they could make 10 times more in the US illegally than they do in those damned border factories that make our cheapened washing machines, auto parts, refrigerators, garden tools, blue jeans, and those old Sony TV sets (I had one )

They talk about excellent Mexican quality - well, my Sony only lasted me 6 years, well below what my parents old Zenith models did years before. Garbage.

I don't blame the Mexicans for coming in. Its normal. The problem is that in order to get control of our political borders, we have to erect economic borders as well.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel

'Cause the sneaked across the border without going through the proper channels, with no paperwork. That makes them illegal.

And considering how hard it is to get into your country, you're one to talk...
    You can come here and work, and/or have money.

Best way to get here if you are poor is to demonstrate abilitity to work, or come as visitor and estalibish enough so you can get us to say, yes.

I don't blame the Mexicans for coming in. Its normal. The problem is that in order to get control of our political borders, we have to erect economic borders as well.

I don't blame them for trying, but I do blame "the system" for not kicking them back out. The idea of free education and medicine for illegals, and driver's licenses for illegals, is sickening.

I don't blame them for trying, but I do blame "the system" for not kicking them back out. The idea of free education and medicine for illegals, and driver's licenses for illegals, is sickening.
    Amen.

The tax burden on average people is already egregiously high; expecting the American middle class to fund entitlements (and suffer an eroded quality of life) for the benefit of Mexico's masses is vile.

Staff

Amen.

The tax burden on average people is already egregiously high; expecting the American middle class to fund entitlements (and suffer an eroded quality of life) for the benefit of Mexico's masses is vile.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    robmcg,

Mr. D is correct it's impossible to get into your country. I could spend every year of the remainder of my life trying to get a permanant visa to New Zealand and probably never be successful in gaining entry to live there permanently.

If I were to go to New Zealand on vacation and decide to stay permanently, how long do you think it would before New Zealand immigration officials would round me up and boot me out of the country? Probably within two weeks. And that is New Zealand's right to protect it's borders and keep illegal aliens out of their country which I would be if I decided to stay in your country (illegally) without going through your countries formal process and being approved as a legal immigrant.
    If you overstay a visitor's permit you get chucked out, but to stay longer you may do so on the recommendation of a local employer, which is quite easy.
    If you want to move here permanently and have about a million US dollars you can do so so long as you sell up and bring the money with you. A million is just an average home in the US is it not? It buys a mansion in a good area here, and we don't have any really bad areas courtesy taxes [33% on medium and above + 17.5% on all goods and services transactions]

Ordinary immigration is hard and you have to qualify on a points system, demonstrating skills and qualities we want.

If you have skills which are required by employers it's not a problem, and we have labour shortages in agriculture, so much so that we hire anyone who will work. If they stop working and abscond we track 'em down and chuck 'em out.

It helps to have a thousand miles of ocean around us...

In a nutshell , you have to have a saleable skill or a million dollars to get permanence here. Already parts of NZ is full of ex-patriot US people who have dual citizenship. It has driven the price of land way up in some places like Wanaka. We locals can't buy their anymore, but of course the locals who WERE there are rich... So it's skills or money. Fair enough, as we say.

"A million is just an average home in the US is it not? "

Ah, no!

Around $180-$250k is more like it.

Ah, no!

Well, you can come here if you have useful skills and no money.

Ah, no!

Well, what happens if I just decide to make my way there - and "squat" in your country? Will I be granted de facto citzenship? A driver's license? The ability to get my "papers" from a local consular office? This is routine in the US with regard to illegal aliens from Mexico - and I assure you most of them do not have either a university degree or basic literacy as I do!

Ah, no!

Do bricklaying and gardening count as "useful skills"?

Do bricklaying and gardening count as "useful skills"?
    [/quote]

If you can convince an employer you can stay as long as he/she wants you...

Ah, no!

I checked out the Immigration NZ website -- it seems I have skills that are in demands.

Howdy, neighbor!

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

DonTom

Only in some parts. In this area, a million dollar home is nothing fancy.

Here is a sample of a million dollar home in this area:

http://realestate.aol.com/ldp.jsp?pi...=1&st3=1&pt2=1

-Don- (in SSF)

DonTom

Notice that this million dollar house (in the previous message) is just a townhouse. Notice the common wall on the left. I was trying to figure out why it was so cheap. I though it was because of the falling market, but that was just for a large town house. Add several hundred thousand for a next house that's just a few inches away.

They have not gone down THAT much in this area.

-Don- SSF, CA