Thread: How a dashboard ought to look!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

How a dashboard ought to look!

Here's a (not so great) pic of the dash/main gauge cluster of my '76 Trans-Am - in my opinion, one of the neatest-looking dash layouts of any muscle car:

Re: How a dashboard ought to look!

are those ANALOG guages?
    *shudders*

lol I got spoiled by the HUD in my Corvette. I wont even CONSIDER another one that doesnt have it.. and it is my goal to retrofit one into any other car I get
    '06 Lotus Elise, '07 Saturn Sky Redline

Quote Originally Posted by damen
    are those ANALOG guages?
    *shudders*

lol I got spoiled by the HUD in my Corvette. I wont even CONSIDER another one that doesnt have it.. and it is my goal to retrofit one into any other car I get
    Of course!

It is 32 years old... .

Pontiac was known "in the day" for doing really cool stuff with tachs - hood tachs, tachs with integrated clocks - etc. I prefer the look of analog - and I also like that you can read 'em even in bright daylight, which sometimes makes digital gauges useless!

Quote Originally Posted by damen
    are those ANALOG guages?
    *shudders*

Also - note the air bag-free steering wheel.

God-damned air bags have ruined steering wheels. There used to be all kinds of neat variations/designs. Now they are all mostly just blobs - and ooglay like Madonna's whithered old cooter!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Of course!

It is 32 years old... .

Pontiac was known "in the day" for doing really cool stuff with tachs - hood tachs, tachs with integrated clocks - etc. I prefer the look of analog - and I also like that you can read 'em even in bright daylight, which sometimes makes digital gauges useless!
    That's why I like the HUD - worst case scenario, it is a little washed out in the sun, but I've never NOT been able to read it
    yeah, i'm obsessed with it
    '06 Lotus Elise, '07 Saturn Sky Redline

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Here's a (not so great) pic of the dash/main gauge cluster of my '76 Trans-Am - in my opinion, one of the neatest-looking dash layouts of any muscle car:
    OK, just OK. IMHO, the Morgen Plus 4 had one that was much better, with a BIG tach in front of the driver and the speedo on the other side so the passenger had someting to look at; and, nice dark wood instead of that reflective chrome.