Thread: Message to JDM

Message to JDM

John you have been a bit distant.

Have you a need to buy something better than a RAV4 and allow your heart to rule your mind?

I mean, the red MX5 was always with your persona a fine machine, but these days you have to make more of a statement, and I think a two-door like you might choose with a cam and wider rear... yup, but you would need the cam so it didn't idle well... as if your just tuning it for the kids.. the cheap way would be to just make it idle badly,

and you could, if in the right place, mumble, "bio fuel"

I am buzzing with the purchase of a cam package. and this is will greatly enhance my street cred with the people I meet at the gas station.
    Margaret is off limits for a while. Lorna is well. Coronation Street is ever-entertaining.

High summer here. There were max temps over 35C all over the place 3C more than 50 year average , but hey, I could say also that it's a 'normal cycle' and as to human input, we won't go there.

Do you plan a good summer? A 54yr-old tetraplegic friend via KBB has terminal cancer and just married his partner and he has a major pressure sore... which , well, he was/is a handsome 'woman's man'.

Cheerful stuff...

Rob

Re: Message to JDM

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    John you have been a bit distant.

Perhaps I have, it's the responsibility of getting the amazing gadgetry on this new TV set up and working. Then there has been the review of old VHS tapes and movies, selecting only the few worth keeping. There is a b&w movie entitled "Spitfire" which I think would amuse you - I'd send it on but fear that the tape players in your area would be unable to read it. Check locally, it's 1942 and with David Niven.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    There is a b&w movie entitled "Spitfire" which I think would amuse you - I'd send it on but fear that the tape players in your area would be unable to read it. Check locally, it's 1942 and with David Niven.
    Thankyou. What form is it in? VHS? Beta? We can read both, although everyone is slowly changing to digital everything.

We will have hi-def TV only after about 5 years. I still have a 51cm (21") 200-dollar Chinese TV

I can't imagine the WW2 propaganda underlaid with tragedy in the David Niven film.

1942 was when the first daylight raids by USAF bombers took massive losses over occupied Europe even while the seige of Stalingrad continued... RAF Bomber Command was just getting started and flew mostly at night. Spitfires were used mostly to defend England.

Quite a strange year, really. The German Reich had not been defeated ANYWHERE and many thought they would control eurasia, until El Alamein... and the British and US navies started to use convoys.

All re-equipped by the USA and Britain's considerable ability to produce from the Midlands and Glasgow-area. In NZ we had two divisions which had been beaten in Greece then Crete. While thousands of US GIs arrived here in NZ for later landings in the tropics.
    Some of the ugliest fighting was between Australians and Japanese in New Guinea but that may have been 1943...

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

Thankyou. What form is it in? VHS? Beta? We can read both, although everyone is slowly changing to digital everything.

It's VHS but that isn't the issue. I think it's a question of PAL or NTSC and I'm pretty sure that this tape will not play on your PAL set. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

But don't lose hoep, there may be a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    It's VHS but that isn't the issue. I think it's a question of PAL or NTSC and I'm pretty sure that this tape will not play on your PAL set. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

But don't lose hoep, there may be a work around.
    Most of our video players do PAL/NTSC. Last one I had it was a menu option to select either.