Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Honda Hawk

  1. #1
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,894

    Honda Hawk

    A buddy of mine who sometimes haunts these boards is negotiating a deal on a '91 Honda Hawk with appx. 21k on the clock. Trouble is, the bike's in upstate NY - and so 8-10 hours' driving time away (one way). He wants $2,500 for the bike, but adding transpo costs it'll end up being closer to $3,000 when all is said and done...

    I think it's on the edge of not being worth it; what say ye?

  2. #2
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,488

    Re: Honda Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    A buddy of mine who sometimes haunts these boards is negotiating a deal on a '91 Honda Hawk with appx. 21k on the clock. Trouble is, the bike's in upstate NY - and so 8-10 hours' driving time away (one way). He wants $2,500 for the bike, but adding transpo costs it'll end up being closer to $3,000 when all is said and done...

    I think it's on the edge of not being worth it; what say ye?
    If the current owner really wants to sell why not suggest they meet half way? One car each, with friend/partner/spouse driving there in the case of the seller and back in the case of the buyer - would make a nice day out.

    Ken.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC, USA
    Posts
    3,628

    Re: Honda Hawk

    How much to rent a motorcycle trailer for a day and hook it up to the SUV?

    Chip H.

    Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

  4. #4
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,488

    Re: Honda Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    How much to rent a motorcycle trailer for a day and hook it up to the SUV?

    Chip H.
    Or just take the big 'Bago and park the bike in the garage at the back?

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  5. #5
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,894

    Re: Honda Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    How much to rent a motorcycle trailer for a day and hook it up to the SUV?

    Chip H.
    Or just take the big 'Bago and park the bike in the garage at the back?

    Ken.
    Update:

    My friend offered $2,300 as his "high bid." If the seller accepts, my friend and I plan to drive up there together, then take turns riding the Hawk back, using the car as "chase vehicle."

    In summer this would be a fun jaunt - but it's mid-winter and pig-biting cold in the Northeast US right now. And I do not have a heated suit or gloves!

  6. #6
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,488

    Re: Honda Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    How much to rent a motorcycle trailer for a day and hook it up to the SUV?

    Chip H.
    Or just take the big 'Bago and park the bike in the garage at the back?

    Ken.
    Update:

    My friend offered $2,300 as his "high bid." If the seller accepts, my friend and I plan to drive up there together, then take turns riding the Hawk back, using the car as "chase vehicle."

    In summer this would be a fun jaunt - but it's mid-winter and pig-biting cold in the Northeast US right now. And I do not have a heated suit or gloves!
    Seriously I think Chip H has given the most practical suggestion for this time of the year, Eric.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Similar Threads

  1. Owner Impressions: Honda Hawk GT
    By Michael in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
  2. Honda HSV-010 GT
    By chiph in forum Video clips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM
  3. Honda out of AMA.
    By Ken in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
  4. 1989 Honda Hawk
    By Eric in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
  5. Honda 'Cog' ad
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •