Thread: First time reader? Long time lurker? - Tell us what you want

First time reader? Long time lurker? - Tell us what you want

Looking back at the posts, published against the various topics on this 'On Two Wheels' forum, since the beginning of January 2008 it is noticeable that many of the inputs and replies come from regular contributors.

What about all you bikers out there who pop in to this website, have a look round and quietly slide away - this is not an elite club and you may not realise that you are the very ones we want to join us, read what we have to say, give us your opinions, post your photographs, show us your videos, and tell us what you would like to see on this, the biking element of our website. This last bit is vital to our success - if you don't tell us what you want, so we can get a concensus of opinion, we can only keep on guessing. Do you want a generalised 'Two Wheels' forum, as we have now, or would you like to see more specific 'fixed' topics as well, say, Cruisers, Sportsbikes, Superbikes, Custom, etc.. If we know what it is that you would like we can try to provide it for you. Why not join us - it is straightforward, costs nothing and you will be made welcome - share your pics and videos, information, hints & tips, and add your voice, viewpoints, rants and opinions to the 'On Two Wheels' forum discussions.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Come on all you first time readers and long time lurkers - read this topic!

Amen!

C'mon the rest of you... how about it? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Looking back at the posts, published against the various topics on this 'On Two Wheels' forum, since the beginning of January 2008 it is noticeable that many of the inputs and replies come from regular contributors.

What about all you bikers out there who pop in to this website, have a look round and quietly slide away - this is not an elite club and you may not realise that you are the very ones we want to join us, read what we have to say, give us your opinions, post your photographs, show us your videos, and tell us what you would like to see on this, the biking element of our website. This last bit is vital to our success - if you don't tell us what you want, so we can get a concensus of opinion, we can only keep on guessing. Do you want a generalised 'Two Wheels' forum, as we have now, or would you like to see more specific 'fixed' topics as well, say, Cruisers, Sportsbikes, Superbikes, Custom, etc.. If we know what it is that you would like we can try to provide it for you. Why not join us - it is straightforward, costs nothing and you will be made welcome - share your pics and videos, information, hints & tips, and add your voice, viewpoints, rants and opinions to the 'On Two Wheels' forum discussions.

Ken.

I just wandered in here. I'm not really a biker. Nor am I what the Aussies call a "Bikie". I'm a rider. I ride mostly a sport touring but also have a cruiser. Keep it general. Since readers can pretty much pick what topics they read, why go to the trouble of separate forums. Good posts might get lost in the shuffle. By the way, electric gloves are worth every penny. ;D If the bike will start, I'll ride. Generally, if it's above 30 degrees, the bike gets some excercise. Granted, I don't take cylinder heads to the shop on the bike. However, it's a cheap commute and I can get away from cell phones and computers on the bike.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch

Ken.

I just wandered in here. I'm not really a biker. Nor am I what the Aussies call a "Bikie". I'm a rider. I ride mostly a sport touring but also have a cruiser. Keep it general. Since readers can pretty much pick what topics they read, why go to the trouble of separate forums. Good posts might get lost in the shuffle. By the way, electric gloves are worth every penny. ;D If the bike will start, I'll ride. Generally, if it's above 30 degrees, the bike gets some excercise. Granted, I don't take cylinder heads to the shop on the bike. However, it's a cheap commute and I can get away from cell phones and computers on the bike.
    I have considered heated gloves (and a heated suit) but my problem is that during winter months, the VDOT people go absolutely nuts with the sand/gravel (and salt).

This stuff not only eats your bike alive (ruins paint/stains alloy/chrome) but the gravel/salt is freakin' lethal and takes all the joy out of it for me. A slide on four wheels canbe fun. Hit gravel on two - and you will never want to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by grouch
    First of all Grouch, welcome to the Forum, glad to have you aboard!

Hm, it would appear that the term 'Biker' has different connotations to different people.

Biker - one who rides a motorcycle of any sort - this is my favourite definition as it embraces all biking disciplines.

Biker - One who considers that less than 500 miles a day is sissy stuff.

Biker - A bearded, fat bellied SOB who rides a Harley and thinks anyone else is a pussy.

Biker - One who has never owned a car, would never own a car, rides in all weathers and does all his own maintenance with his bare hands. If there is more than six inches of snow on the road he wears a doo-rag to keep warm.

Biker - One who rides the latest supersports bike, wears leathers, gloves and helmet colour co-ordinated to his bike, gets his knee down on any corner and is one 'stop' away from losing his licence.

One could go on all day, I guess, giving all the different interpretations of what makes a 'Biker'. My favourite is as printed in red, above and puts you firmly in the category of 'Biker' in my book.

Thanks for your input on the subject of topics. I'm inclined to agree with you but, I need many people to voice their opinions before I can say, 'This is what the majority want to see'. (Although at the moment, you and I are a majority of 100%)

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Well, so far twenty seven people have viewed this topic, three have actually sent in a reply and I am one of those three. If this forum does not have what interests you, does not provide the information or amusement you want then why not tell us? Twenty four people looked in and moved on without comment. Why?

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Well, so far twenty seven people have viewed this topic, three have actually sent in a reply and I am one of those three. If this forum does not have what interests you, does not provide the information or amusement you want then why not tell us? Twenty four people looked in and moved on without comment. Why?

Ken.
    We have lots of "Silent Bobs" - but they eventually get up the gumption to weigh in.... !

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

We have lots of "Silent Bobs" - but they eventually get up the gumption to weigh in.... !
    As it was once said, 'Build it and they will come.' ??

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

As it was once said, 'Build it and they will come.' ??

Ken.
    That's it in a nutshell!

Heck, we're already busier/more active than some "bigname" coporate web sites!