Thread: Marital advice

Marital advice

A fellow I work with is getting married in a few months. I told him that marriage was an old mans comfort and a young mans disaster. He's going to get married anyway. So I told him about the fellow who went out off roading after he got off work on Friday. He cashed his paycheck, loaded up his truck and went out with his buddies. Late Sunday night, he came wandering in. His wife was a tad upset about this. She asked him where he's been for three days and he told her. Just the guys and some wheels.
    She got a little fired up and asked him how he would feel if he didn't see her for three days. He thought about it for a minute and replied "Why Hon, I think I'd like that just fine". The rest of Sunday he didn't see her. Monday he didn't see her. Tuesday he didn't see her. Wednesday, out of the corner of his eye, he could just barely make out her shape as the swelling went down. ;D

Got a joke? Have at it!
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Marital advice

Quote Originally Posted by grouch
    A fellow I work with is getting married in a few months. I told him that marriage was an old mans comfort and a young mans disaster. He's going to get married anyway. So I told him about the fellow who went out off roading after he got off work on Friday. He cashed his paycheck, loaded up his truck and went out with his buddies. Late Sunday night, he came wandering in. His wife was a tad upset about this. She asked him where he's been for three days and he told her. Just the guys and some wheels.
    She got a little fired up and asked him how he would feel if he didn't see her for three days. He thought about it for a minute and replied "Why Hon, I think I'd like that just fine". The rest of Sunday he didn't see her. Monday he didn't see her. Tuesday he didn't see her. Wednesday, out of the corner of his eye, he could just barely make out her shape as the swelling went down. ;D

Got a joke? Have at it!
    Good one!

I don't have a joke (yet) but I do have an observation about marriage that's kinda humorous... .

How do you know she's a keeper? If, after sex, you aren't immediately thinking about ways to get outta there (or get her to leave). Many men make the mistake of equating sex with desirability as a marriage partner. Sex is important, sure. But even if you're humping like a jackrabbit, it'll be just a fraction of the time you spend with her. If the rest of that time is awkard, unpleasant - or simply unendurable - flee!

Or at least, do not get married!