Thread: Tell us about YOUR garage...

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Tell us about YOUR garage...

When I was in the market for my first house, as a single "car guy" the sole criteria was that it have at least a one-car garage. I actually told the realtor I was working with that the garage mattered above such things as sq. footage, yard space, inetrior amenities, etc. - and that the "ideal place" would be a two car (or even better, three car) garage with a loft apartment above it!

Fast forward a few years and I now have a pretty decent oversized two car (almost three car) garage - plus a detached workshop with room for another car - or several motorcycles. (No power yet, but it is built on a slab, secure and keeps everything safe from the elements.)

What have you guys got in the way of garage space? Are you happy with what you've got - or do you lust for.... more!

Re: Tell us about YOUR garage...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    When I was in the market for my first house, as a single "car guy" the sole criteria was that it have at least a one-car garage. I actually told the realtor I was working with that the garage mattered above such things as sq. footage, yard space, inetrior amenities, etc. - and that the "ideal place" would be a two car (or even better, three car) garage with a loft apartment above it!

Fast forward a few years and I now have a pretty decent oversized two car (almost three car) garage - plus a detached workshop with room for another car - or several motorcycles. (No power yet, but it is built on a slab, secure and keeps everything safe from the elements.)

What have you guys got in the way of garage space? Are you happy with what you've got - or do you lust for.... more!
    Just a single car garage here, filled up with a Toyota Carina SE Auto, DIY tools, freezer, motoring/biking tools and an odds & sods cupboard, compressor, bits of wood that will come in useful some day, (maybe) many tins of paint and an old bookshelf for storing screenwash, oil, brake fluid, WD40, greases, etc. Out the back I have a paveway leading to a 10' X 12' wooden bike shed cum garden equipment store. What I would really like is a fully equipped three car garage/workshop.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I live in an apartment, and have an assigned single-car covered parking space. It's one slot in a four-car carport. It's covered, but open.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    I live in an apartment, and have an assigned single-car covered parking space. It's one slot in a four-car carport. It's covered, but open.
    Can you work on a car there? I know some places don't like/allow that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    Can you work on a car there? I know some places don't like/allow that...
    There's no rule against it, but you wouldn't really want to. I did a brake job on my Honda there once, and kept muttering "never again".

Found this on one of the satellite/aerial photo sites, it's my old car in its covered parking slot: