Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cop bait cars?

Re: cop bait cars?

>>PS - I do like RWD/V-8 vans.... remember the Love Machines of the '70s?<<

We used the Fords as Company Vans--- I had a lot of issues with them--- Bad gas mileage and noisey--- The A/C needed lots of help!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    >>PS - I do like RWD/V-8 vans.... remember the Love Machines of the '70s?<<

We used the Fords as Company Vans--- I had a lot of issues with them--- Bad gas mileage and noisey--- The A/C needed lots of help!
    Ah, but that big V-8 engine was right there beside you. Take the cover off and you could watch the carb's secondaries opening up while driving!

>>Ah, but that big V-8 engine was right there beside you. Take the cover off and you could watch the carb's secondaries opening up while driving! <<

Sort of---- The dog house was a poor way to access that engine. There were 2 spark plugs that had to be changed from under the right front wheel--- and-- when you took it in for service, most wrenches didn't know how to get to them and they never got changed. We had all our company vehicles serviced by Goodyear centers because that's where the leasing company wanted the stuff done. Boy did they ever screw the leasing company!
    I took one in for service in NJ and they never changed those 2 plugs and never touched the O2 sensor that I asked them to change. These idiots should have known who they were dealing with-- we sold them diagnostic equipment--- obviously, they intended to screw all who would stand still--- I went directly to Goodyear's home office and reported this to one of the people with whom we did business and got that tech and the service mgr fired. Nothing used to piss me off more than to get charged for service that wasn't done. No telling how many poor unsuspecting car owners were ripped off at that location.