Thread: Frank Thomas (not) up for sale?

Frank Thomas (not) up for sale?

The giant motorcycle clothing company Frank Thomas, the most profitable motorcycling clothing manufacturer in Europe, is up for sale at 60 million. For years FT have supplied motorcycling clothing, covering all biking disciplines, to millions of customers including celebrities such as Prince William and Daniel Day-Lewis.

It would appear that interest has been expressed by several American buyers and the current FT Management is also interested in buying a stake in the company.

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Re: Frank Thomas up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    The giant motorcycle clothing company Frank Thomas, the most profitable motorcycling clothing manufacturer in Europe, is up for sale at 60 million. For years FT have supplied motorcycling clothing, covering all biking disciplines, to millions of customers including celebrities such as Prince William and Daniel Day-Lewis.

It would appear that interest has been expressed by several American buyers and the current FT Management is also interested in buying a stake in the company.

Ken.

Curiouser and curiouser (said Alice). Having understood that FT was up for grabs it now appears they have bought BKS the motorcycle clothing manufacturer. What is more James Toseland will be wearing BKS leathes during his MotoGP debut season. Key elements of the FT announcement are given below.

Frank Thomas Group Acquires Premium BKS Brand 11 Jan 2008, 00:55

Leading British MotoGP contender James Toseland will make history in more ways than one on his debut in the world?s premier motorcycle racing championship by wearing a British leathers brand. The 27-year-old will be the only rider worldwide supported by BKS ? a prestigious premium leathers brand that was recently acquired by the Frank Thomas Group. Toseland will be the first professional motorcycle racer ever in the history of BKS to wear the company?s leathers. He will also be the only rider on the grid protected by a British brand. As the only BKS-supported rider, the double World Superbike Champion has had a large amount of input into the fit and design aspects of his suit.

BKS was established in 1986 and has since supplied custom suits for celebrities including Robbie Williams, Daniel Day Lewis and even Prince William. The leathers are renowned for their safety aspects and were the first ever to win CE approval. The quality of BKS leathers is also well-known within the industry and only the best materials ? including kangaroo hide and stingray skin ? are used in their manufacture.

The acquisition of the brand by the Frank Thomas Group adds a new dimension to BKS. The Group?s extensive design experience and advanced technology can be used to produce fashionable suits with high-end protection while retaining the level of quality associated with the brand. The immediate aim is also to bring a more affordable BKS product range to the market.

A limited range of clothing ? including a James Toseland replica suit ? will be launched in 52 selected dealerships later this year. The popularity of the range will determine the future retail direction of BKS. The current suits, which retail at approximately 2,000, will continue to be manufactured by founder Brian Sansom and his team under the umbrella of BKS made to measure.

2000/$4000???, unfortunately, much as I would like a set of BKS made to measure leathers, I would need to be a Robbie Williams/Daniel Day-Lewis/Prince William to be able to afford them. :'(

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Re: Frank Thomas (not) up for sale?

You know, it's usually worthwhile to spend a little more to get clothes that fit.

But not that much!

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Re: Frank Thomas (not) up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by chiph
    You know, it's usually worthwhile to spend a little more to get clothes that fit.

But not that much!

Chip H.
    Absolutely. My last set of Akito one piece leathers were bought at the Spring Annual BMF Show a few years back. The weather was not bright, I think trade was slow and I got them for 100. I'd tried on many suits and none would fit me until I found these, they went on like a glove. (I've put on a few pounds since then, they still fit, albeit a little more snugly.) A few months after I had bought them I saw some more advertised at a 'bargain, knock down, price' of 299.99 so I felt quite happy with my 'bargain' set which normally retailed around 399. I did a similar deal, the following year I think, on my Arai, 110 instead of 299.

Being a mean old feller I tend to haggle for a discount wherever I think it is possible. It is surprising how often, after a visit to the 'Manager', a salesman will come back with an acceptable offer.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.