Thread: New "Knight Rider" TV show....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

New "Knight Rider" TV show....

Apparently, it's a hit - but I didn't like it. Especially the Mustang. I mean, seriously.

KITT can still get up to speed.

Sunday's new "Knight Rider" TV movie placed eighth in Nielsen Media Research's latest weekly rankings.

The two-hour special, an ostensive pilot for a series redo, did even better among advertiser and NBC-coveted young adults. In the 18-49-year-old demographic, the show finished fifth, behind only "American Idol," "The Moment of Truth" and "Lost."

NBC called Knight Rider the most watched TV movie among that audience set since Oprah Winfrey and Halle Berry threw their collective star power behind 2005's "Their Eyes Were Watching God."

What do you guys think? Anyone catch the show?

Here's the teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Gs6f5pb5s

Re: New "Knight Rider" TV show....

If that s**t is what you do, it's beyond word pathetic.

Scare the girl with speed,

and you guys are all cooing with sorrow when the 18yr old in the M5 took out 4 other boys in FL... AND you are 'free' and allow this crap and you export it and nobody bloody watches it unless they are brain-dead already.

Some guys thinking going fast and scaring a girl is sexual? Crash death blsah blah... and you wonder why the rest of of the world truly despairs about America...
    Look at French films...

Rob,

You are right the Knight Rider movie/show looks ultra pathetic. However my guess is as bad as it is, it can't be as bad as some of the other junk they have on TV now. This is one of the reasons why I stopped watching network TV years ago.

Eric,

I have not seen the new TV movie/show, however Val Kilmer's voice as KITT sounds just like KARR's voice from the original Knight Rider TV show. Here's a clip of KITT and KARR (towards the end of the clip) so you can compare KARR to Val Kilmer.

Disenfranchise all people with body fat index of 20 for males 23 for females.

Ban all cars over 1,000cc unless they are for museum purposes.

Problem solved.

Next....

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    If that s**t is what you do, it's beyond word pathetic.

Scare the girl with speed,

and you guys are all cooing with sorrow when the 18yr old in the M5 took out 4 other boys in FL... AND you are 'free' and allow this crap and you export it and nobody bloody watches it unless they are brain-dead already.

Some guys thinking going fast and scaring a girl is sexual? Crash death blsah blah... and you wonder why the rest of of the world truly despairs about America...
    Look at French films...
    It's overdone; too much tired Matrix-like faux CG kung fu ... weak story line.... and then there's the Mustang Issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Rob,

You are right the Knight Rider movie/show looks ultra pathetic. However my guess is as bad as it is, it can't be as bad as some of the other junk they have on TV now. This is one of the reasons why I stopped watching network TV years ago.

Eric,

I have not seen the new TV movie/show, however Val Kilmer's voice as KITT sounds just like KARR's voice from the original Knight Rider TV show. Here's a clip of KITT and KARR (towards the end of the clip) so you can compare KARR to Val Kilmer.
    Thanks!

I decided to watch the Sunday "TV movie" as I was bored and had some down time.... a huge disappointment. None of the charm of the original; and the Mustang? I mean, c'mon. That's like a blonde Batman....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

It's overdone; too much tired Matrix-like faux CG kung fu ... weak story line.... and then there's the Mustang Issue...

Want to talk about faux cheesy kung fu, remember the original Knight Rider episode - Knight of the Drones when the Hoff fought the Barbarian Brothers? Check this out notice the cheesy two handed Karate chop the Hoff delivers when one of the Barbarian Bros picks him off the ground, and the cheesy grunts and screams by the Hoff make the scene all the more cheesy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRy2-6JGWdE

moved to "Cheese Please" forum

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    the Hoff
    All I think of ....when I see or hear of the Hoff ...is a stupid song that was played ad nauseum on Swiss radio during late 1990... "Is Everybody Happy"
    Not sure if he released it anywhere else......If wasn't that, it was his other song "looking for Freedom" Real vomit material ;D
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia