Thread: Ugliest sport bike on the road...

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Ugliest sport bike on the road...

Is, to me, the 'Busa. Yech.

The ZX-14 has a beefy handsomeness to it... but the Suzuki's just hideous. Especially the front end of it. Blecchhh!

Good thing it's so fast. That way, you don't have to look at it for very long!

Re: Ugliest sport bike on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

The ZX-14 has a beefy handsomeness to it... but the Suzuki's just hideous. Especially the front end of it. Blecchhh!

To me it has to be the KTM RC8 - it looks as though a load of scraps, bits & pieces and offcuts had been thrown into a cement mixer with a gallon of superglue. It has to be said the 'Busa is all about aerodynamics and little about looks, having said that I actually like it. I saw one a little while ago that looked brilliant in white with pale green graphics. I've put a picture of an L-R-G Hayabusa Special below. it is roughly the colour scheme I saw and gives a good idea of how it can look. I think the mods made to the rear end by L-R-G have sharpened it up a bit, but I don't like the spokeless wheels (solid plexiglass).

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric

To me it has to be the KTM RC8 - it looks as though a load of scraps, bits & pieces and offcuts had been thrown into a cement mixer with a gallon of superglue. It has to be said the 'Busa is all about aerodynamics and little about looks, having said that I actually like it. ]
    Ken.
    If there is one thing I hate it is having to admit I was wrong, especially if I have to do it in public - BUT - at Cadwell Park Raceway, last Wednesday, I actually saw my first KTM RC8 in the flesh as it were. My previous comments were based on picture viewing only and I thought the bike looked crap. In the flesh the black and white model I was looking at looked stunning. All the insectoidal angles and edges that I disliked so much in the pictures were not noticeable on the actual bike and the shape, although a little sharp, looked clean and precise and flowed beautifully. The tail end is particularly well done.

SO - Here we go - SORRY KTM, I GOT IT WRONG AND I APOLOGISE!!!

Ken.

p.s. Er, KTM, do you think I could borrow one to test ride - pretty please?
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

In my book the Gottlieb Daimler motorcycle ranks up there as the ugliest and it had to be pretty uncomfotable look at the seat. Seeing this bike today, makes you realize how far bikes have come from the early days.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    In my book the Gottlieb Daimler motorcycle ranks up there as the ugliest and it had to be pretty uncomfotable look at the seat. Seeing this bike today, makes you realize how far bikes have come from the early days.

I wouldn't want to try anyharsh lean angles on that thing!

How about those wooden wheels? Bet you they provide a nice comfy ride not to mention great traction. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    How about those wooden wheels? Bet you they provide a nice comfy ride not to mention great traction. ;D
    Looking at the construction they were obviously thinking of it as a mechanised horse. The chassis is pure wooden cart construction and the saddle was definitely influenced by a horse's saddle.

Ken.

Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.