Thread: Modern YouTube Cheese

Modern YouTube Cheese

Chocalate Rain:

McDonald's Rap:

Re: Modern YouTube Cheese

That's apparently Tay's real voice. I saw an interview with him, and that's how he sounds.

I think he's got a promising future doing movie promos.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Honda Civic LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2000 Honda CR-V EX, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 1992 Honda Accord LX, 1999 Mercedes ML-320, 1995 VW Jetta GLX, 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 1981 Mercury Zephyr, 1975 Chevrolet Impala

Chip,

He does have that movie promo voice, so he probably would do well doing that. Have to hand it to the guy, financially he probably has done pretty well from his youtube video unlike the Star Wars kid.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Rap, to me, is the single most obnoxious, low-culture development of the past 20 years. Unlike rock, which can be base but also can and has achieved musical greatness, rap is just belligerent noise. A thug spouting animalistic doggerel to a droning, repetitive beat.

I'm sorry if I offend, but mouthing crude rhymes while gesticulating like a threatening primate is not "singing" - and the background noises that accompany this spouting typically are produced not by instruments played by humans, but generated by a computer/electronics board operator "mixing tracks." No singer; no musicians - no music. Just ugly, animalistic ejaculations about the joys of living the life of a low-grade buffoon/thug who thinks the be-all/end-all purpose of life is the acquisition of garish jewelry, an Escalade with dubs, some pit bulls, a gaggle of 'ho's ... and so on. I doubt it's possible to descend further - unless we get to the point where "art" is some guy dropping his pants on the stage, taking a shit and then scooping it up in his hands and hurling it at the audience while shouting abuse at them - and the audience loving it....

The fact that rap has become mainstream - and persists - is clear evidence of the cancer eating away at U.S. (and Western) civilization.

To paraphrase Hermann Goering:

Whenever I hear rap music, I reach for my gun...