Thread: McChimp and the doubletalk express

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

McChimp and the doubletalk express

Re: McChimp and the doubletalk express

Pretty revealing video.

One thing's for sure the media is giving him a pass. Will be interesting to see if the media giving him a pass continues or if they trash him after the Republican convention like they did to Bob Dole in 1996 after they gave him a pass during the 1996 Republican primaries.

Has anyone noticed the large lump/growth/goiter on McCain's left cheek? I know he's had cancer in the past. Could this be tumor? Or is this a jaw defect or a broken jaw that did not heal right? The 24x7 media outlets - Fox, CNN, and MSNBC never mention this. In fact sometimes when I see McCain talk, he talks out of the side of his mouth, could it be the lump affecting him?

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pete

Has anyone noticed the large lump/growth/goiter on McCain's left cheek? I know he's had cancer in the past. Could this be tumor? Or is this a jaw defect or a broken jaw that did not heal right? The 24x7 media outlets - Fox, CNN, and MSNBC never mention this. In fact sometimes when I see McCain talk, he talks out of the side of his mouth, could it be the lump affecting him?
    Pete -

That's what politicians do - they talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    That's what politicians do - they talk out of both sides of their mouths.
    That's so obvious from day one all people.

The issue is that they are quite severely odd people, representing capitalism.

Command economy.
    That will make you strong. You had it in WW2.

But now that such as China can make a command economy work, people like Eric will be waving placards as *they* understand capitalism.

Pure Libertairian capitalism? Ask Eric.
    (fortunatelty for us he is rational, energetic and widely read?) Sometime soon he will get old ... and the alternative is blogs or 'friend' sites, what does one do?
    I spent my day just staying alive. GM LS1 V8. (another story, boring a near-crash)
    Eric may or not have caring for poor people, paying taxes so the poor although he might say, but we have IndyCARS., and we use up available fuel almost in celebration.

Which is the same as celebrating coal miners. Manual.

And now you wonder why type2 diabetes is common.

Sheesh

It was better when

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

"Eric may or not have caring for poor people, paying taxes so the poor ...."

Let's be clear - and honest - about what is being discussed here. The statement above is a common way of subtly "framing" the question in a way that makes the person being taxed (and who resents it) seem like an ogre - while the moral high ground is given the sainted "poor."

In fact, what we are talking about is using force - literally putting a gun to an honest man's head and threatening him with prison and ruination - if he does not accept an open-ended claim on the sweat of his brow (and the security of his own family) to provide for strangers who by dint of being "poor" magically acquire the moral right to use force (via the state) against him to get "help."

It is not "help," however - or even alms. It is extortion and theft.

I believe it is a wonderful thing to help the poor - by choice. I feel good about the money I donate - voluntarily - to various organizations. But I get furious about the state invading my life and compelling me to provide funds for people to whom I owe no debt. Once this door is opened, there is no limit to it - because the basic principle can no longer be defended.

Some take this view as callous and mean-spirited. I take the opposite view - that it is no less mean-spirited to point a gun at an honest man and threaten him with violence merely because he "has" and someone else "has not."

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg

Command economy.
    That will make you strong. You had it in WW2.
    Ask any of the former SSRs about the wonders and benefits of a command economy.

FWIW, with direct subsidies and differential taxation, our agribiz behaves much like a command economy.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm

Ask any of the former SSRs about the wonders and benefits of a command economy.

FWIW, with direct subsidies and differential taxation, our agribiz behaves much like a command economy.
    Very many ex-USSR people preferred conditions under the pre-1989 command economy over the mafia-style thing which has replaced it since then.

How do your farmers picking up subsidies for growing fuel feel about 'pure economics'?

How do your farmers picking up subsidies for growing fuel feel about 'pure economics'?
    Most of the people doing that are big ag and not individual farmers.

Most of the people doing that are big ag and not individual farmers.
    Individual farmers don't exist unless in rich enclaves or subsidized. The general US ag business is subsidized.

'Big Ag' as you call it, is USA Inc.

You will borrow yourselves into penury, as our opposition wishes to do here in NZ.... they wish to borrow to offer greater tax-cuts, when it's almost impossible to be poor in NZ., let alone destitute.
    Why? US-funded groups secretly support right wing. We even get people talking on talkback radio about "using duct-tape on a Kingswood".

This is so so srange; NOBODY HERE EVER USED SUCH TERM AS DUCT-TAPE when 'Kingswood' was a car model. So who rings up talkback, even on national radio with such a term? Paid US Evangalists of libertarian or nutter right-wing.

Is "duct-tape on a Kingswood" something like "WD-40 in a journal box?

Is "duct-tape on a Kingswood" something like "WD-40 in a journal box?
    It's not possible to apply duct tape to a Kingswood. It wouldn't stick, and if it did, it wouldn't be a Kingswood.

We don't use the term 'duct tape' even now.

Reminds me of videos of Chinese steam trains I've seen which have US editing trying to show slaves shovelling coal, where the engines have mechanical feed. You guys don't do yourself any favours with quasi-religious right-wing people full of rubbish.

In Russia the vast fortunes made from industry after 1990 are put into social good, like football clubs... which at least isn't trying to sell things on moral grounds.

FWIW a 'Kingswood' is a GM (Aus.) family sedan with a cast iron straight six built c1968-77. Rear wheel drive. 2.6 litres 3.3 litres mostly. They became an icon of NZ family values... thus 'duct tape' doesn't adhere.

[

Reminds me of videos of Chinese steam trains I've seen which have US editing trying to show slaves shovelling coal, where the engines have mechanical feed. You guys don't do yourself any favours with quasi-religious right-wing people full of rubbish.

So the Chinese government is letting a machine take a job from a worthy shovel man?

I have relatives from both sides of the spectrum, the lefties are more interesting and the others are to be avoided at any cost.

So the Chinese government is letting a machine take a job from a worthy shovel man?

I have relatives from both sides of the spectrum, the lefties are more interesting and the others are to be avoided at any cost.
    Indeed, free-market zealots of any colour are to be avoided. Also Marxists.

As to shovelling coal, it is righeous work, up to a point. There wasn't any fat on the men who fired the largest engines on lines with high speed or continuous grades. Britain had a shortage of manpower after WW2., and coal became expensive. Until WW2 work conditions in mines were pretty tough, too, as you know. Equally, working men lived in hard conditions, at work by 7.30am half day off Saturday, all that stuff, ...

before the wars ... pre-1914, there were few people who ever came from 'working class' to any wealth, regardless of skill. Some of Britain's middle class are the ugliest people in the world, too. Some emigrated here.
    But in the cracks, there were men who loved what they did, and did it well. Some engine-drivers were household names, even if they lived in a two-up with six children. Women still died in childbirth, people died of infection, some like Eric don't want to pay taxes...